Back to Reality

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by lifemal, Jul 20, 2009.

1. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

So two weeks ago was my epic fishing trip, tons of relaxation and good time with family. Then back to 40 hours of hell at my regular job, with 5-6 hours detailing every day after. Talk about busy!

This weekend I took my lady to Sucia Island in the San Juan Islands for her birthday and we had a great sail! I'll have more pictures up later from my camera after work + my maintenance washes today... but here's the teasers :p

Made her sail while I played with the sails for a bit (her first time ever sailing a boat)
    [​IMG]

Heeled over 25 degrees and cruisin' right along at 7.5knots (please excuse the terrible sail shape there on the bottom of the main, it's tough to raise a main in 25 knot winds with a bad shoulder :p)
    [​IMG]

Sippin on some Margaritas and enjoying the beautiful evening at Sucia! All in all it was a great trip and it didn't cost very much at all! (Which was a huge plus) $50 for booze and food, $15 for fuel for the boat (pretty much just motoring in and out of the harbor then sailing the rest of the way) And $10 for the mooring buoy. Great value! We stayed the night on the boat in the bay and left about 11am after cooking breakfast when I drug my butt out of bed.
    [​IMG]

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Yeah, but how much was the boat?

Looks like fun. I've never been sailing before.

3. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

It's my father's boat. He just lets me take it out whenever I need to. :) I've been trying to weasel it outta him as a wedding present, but so far no progress on that front. I'll keep trying, haha!

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Looks like you had a great time.

Why try to get the boat, as long as you can use it whenever you want might as well let him pay for dock and maintenance.

5. lifemal

lifemal Wax on..Wax off

He wants to get a bigger one, and doesn't want to have to sell it -- would rather keep in the family consider all the work we've done to it. It's a 32' and he's thinking of either going to 37' or 42'

It's a dream... Haha.

6. fricker66

fricker66 Birth of a Detailer

Looks like a great time!

7. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Fun times man. I have to go back to reality tomorrow when I go back to work. Today is my last day of vacation. :shakehead:

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh wow sounds like a great way to spend quality time together :thumb: