Back in the saddle again

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by richy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. richy

richy Guest

Boy, it seems like forever since I've done a detail job..the downside of the weather I suppose. I got a call from a client who just got a brand new Infiniti G35x. He wanted it sealed for the winter. The car has some flaws but the plan is to wait for spring to wheel it out completely, although the 501 took out the swirls in the hood.

The Process:
    ONR wash including wheels and tires
    clay complete with clay magic
    DG 501 with white pad, udm at 6
    DG 601 applied by hand
    DG 105 applied/removed by hand
    JS 109 to wheels
    DP tire gel to tires
    Stoners IG to glass

BEFORES:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    VISIBLE SWIRLS:
    [​IMG]

AFTER ONR:
    [​IMG]

AFTERS:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

Dam...that car is slick

I was torn between that and the Accord...but ya i got the accord. Looking at those pics now......haha makes me think.

3. richy

richy Guest

sneek..the car has absolutely gorgeous lines!! You really appreciate a car's lines when you're claying it and up close and personal...I am really fond of it and even more anxious to see the new FX!!!

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

looking good... I have to say. If i lived in canada I would NEVER buy a new car... let alone buy a new car then drive it, especially during winter... especially since you have all those GAY laws in effect.... i don't know how you guys do it. I get pissed when my wife goes down a dirt road!!!

5. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

4got the wheel arches, but otherwise looks nice and lots of depth!

p.s. SORRY i have to bash everyone who 4gets wheels arches thats my pet peeve

6. richy

richy Guest

Ya..wasn't gonna do that..need the power washer to get in behind..besides, it was snowing at the time..2 minutes after delivery and it'll look like shit..oh well:roll:

7. richy

richy Guest

What gay laws are you referring to? We pay too much damned taxes, but our laws for the most part are reasonable i think.

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Man that car looks wicked richy :applause:

Well done with the ONR, that's the hard thing about detailing in the winter here in Canada the temperature makes it very diffuctul to detail.

Good to see you in action richy :thumb:

Oh Dust, the cant wash a car with soap outside seems to be only in Calgary so far :confused:

9. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Man that looks good :D I love detailed black cars

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Beautiful detail Richy, I really like the looks of the G35 sedan. Not sure about the new coupe, I liked the "old" bodystyle better.

Next time, spray some Undercarriage Spray down the wheels wells even if you don't have time to powerwash them. It will make the biggest difference!

11. richy

richy Guest

P1et..I don't think I'll be doing too many jobs this winter, but who knows I guess? What Undercarriage spray are you referring to? Thanks for the tip. I am looking forward to the Detroit auto show this year to see the coupe in person. I missed last year when it was up as a "concept".

12. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

lookin good, the car turned out awsome

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice job Richy. The car looks very good :D

14. richy

richy Guest

Calgary and Pirex..thanks a lot!!:cool2:

15. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

WOW nice before and after !! WHOO!

16. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

go to Detailers Domain under the dressings section and get the Adam's Invisible Undercarriage spray. Stuff is my all time favorite car wash chemical, b/c it truly does make the BIGGEST difference

17. richy

richy Guest

Dude..thanks for the tip!:mounty:

18. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Great job richy! I have missed seeing your details, you do some great work bro! Glad you got back in the saddle and shared.

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Yep, that's the one! I have a gallon of it and I'm addicted in spraying it all over our cars now. Well, the wells and the frame anyways!!!

:headbang:

20. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Nice Work...

Is the undercarriage spray comparable to Stoners more shine?