AutoGlos Foam Cannon vs MTM Hydro

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by cu2mike, Apr 11, 2012.

1. cu2mike

cu2mike DB Forum Supporter

As some of you may know, I recently got a new foam cannon from Mike @ Auto Aesthetica. He calls it "AutoGlos Cannon"...... Well today I had a chance to use and compare these two cannon to see if there really is a difference, everything I used is as follows:

PW: Karcher 5.85M
    Bottle: MTM Hydro's bottle because it provided measurements
    Injector/Aerator from the AutoGlos unit
    Injector/Aerator from the MTM Hydro unit
    Soap: Optimum soap
    Both were dispensing soap at the exact same setting: MAX!
    Dilution ratio: Filled to the 200ml mark with soap, filled it up to 800ml with water. Shaken thoroughly for the best mixture possible

Here is the AutoGlos on an EvoX:

The initial foaming process:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After letting it dwell for a few minutes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is after letting it dwell for a good 7 minutes or so:

[​IMG]

Here is the MTM Hydro on an EvoIX:

During the initial foaming process:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After letting it dwell for LESS THAN 1 MINUTE:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

MTM Hydro was so disappointing I refoamed the car with AutoGlos again:

During foaming:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I let it dwell for a few minutes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, the AutoGlos did much, much better than MTM Hydro. I'm so disappointed with my MTM Hydro I'm just going to sell it to a friend of mine. It's not even back up worthy to me, lol. Mike @ Auto Aesthetica is going to find a different bottle with measurements on it so I won't have to use the MTM Hydro bottle as it doesn't quite fit. From speaking to him earlier, he said he may do a group buy if there is enough interest in the cannon, so I guess we'll have to see how that turns out.

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

The difference must be in the nozzle.

3. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

were the settings on the aerator the same?

i guess the only way to make sure would be to put both aerators on the maximum setting or minimum setting

that is the only variable i can see, since the p/w and the soap solution is the same.

i guess from your tests, it is evident that the autoglos aerator produces a much thicker and clinging foam.

4. cu2mike

That is correct, it's the injector/aerator/nozzle piece he uses with his cannon.

5. cu2mike

They were exactly the same, both were dispensing at max

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

How much is Mike selling this Autoglos cannon I currently have a Mecline from pwmall.com for my PW, I too am running the 5.85 M.:thumb: I like it but if his is that good then I would like to give it a go.

7. cu2mike

It's $120 for the cannon. I paid slightly less because he had a sale on it. Believe me, it's worth every penny, I'm getting rid of my MTM Hydro asap lol.
    Soap I used was nothing special, just good old regular Optimum car wash soap.

8. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Thats more than I was hoping to spend on one, I guess I will stick to my Mecline it provides me with this which I believe is good enough for me.

[​IMG]

9. cu2mike

Yeah..... it is a pricey cannon, but like I said worth every penny.
    You're gonna remember this picture everytime you use your cannon :p:
    [​IMG]

10. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

Nice FOAM!!! Thats legit!!!

I have the MTM and use only 2 oz for 32oz bottle. I notice you are using much more than me. What effect did that much soap have on the wax coat? Did it strip any off?

11. cu2mike

I had no clue I was using much more soap than normal until someone pointed it out to me over FB. If it stops raining soon I'm going to try the soaps I have laying around to see which one foams up the best (Meguiar's HW, OPT Soap, AG Soap).
    Did not notice deterioration with wax, it still sheets/beads water just fine as I was rinsing it off.

12. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Didn't notice that a canon would make so much of a different. Do you have any experience with the HD Foam Lance from AB and how it compares to the Autoglos?

13. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Bukakkae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Lmfao ...