Auto Int. Valugard ABC Decon. question

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by MadOzodi, May 5, 2008.

1. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I just thought of this, did a search and couldn't find my answer.

Q: Is it safe to use on 3M ClearBra/VentureShield paint protection?

I plan on calling Beth tomorrow to get the lo-down and will post the answer. The last thing I want is an $800 piece of plastic film to melt to the front of my car.

2. Nica

Nica Banned

I honestly don't know anything about this product but curious to your feed back as to what it is and how it works/what it does?

On 3M protections I polish it just like I do the paint but the key is to lower the RPM's and to speed up the passes oh and lower the number of passes as well...this has worked quite well for me. I normaly use a very mild polish too like 85RD3.02, 106FF/FA, 85RD.

But again that's just me :confused:

3. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Do not take answers here if they never did a clear bra...lol.....CALL Auto Int...thats an expensive venture...ok I have 3M stone chip guards on my truck..and I use the system..and it did not harm them..but do not take my word either..it may be a different material..CALL.....CALL.....better safe than sorry....

AL

4. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Bad day today...didn't get a chance to call Auto Int.

I'll call tomorrow and post the answer.

5. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hi everyone,

Spoke to Ron K. Nice guy and actually had a good conversation with him.

A & B are safe for both 3M ClearBra and the VentureShield film. Heh, he said those films are more durable than the paint.

One of his colleagues has a 350Z with a ClearBra that gets ABC'd every 3 months because "he's anal." Quote directly from Ron, LOL.

So, those of you that will be using the system have nothing to fear for your cars or your clients' cars!

:peace:

6. richy

richy Guest

This product is on my "to buy" list..thanks so much for doing the research on this.:thumb:

7. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Heh, you're welcome. Easiest research I've done so far!!!

Now if I could just be guaranteed 2 dry days in a row with no pollen!

8. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

no pollen isnt going to happen around here :)

you gotta love pollen yellow tinted cars...

9. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

Ron rocks!:headbang::headbang::headbang:

10. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Glad you called...its better to get from the horses mouth than guess at it...Ron Ketch (Grumpy) is one knowledgeable man..he knows more about car care products than any one I have talked to...he has worked with all the paint manufactures and developed products to use safety on all....actually valu Gard products are not bad either...some of the stuff far exceeds some of the boutique stuff as far as working better and less money...

Glad you called...I know have that info for my self when ever the time comes to do a ABC wash on a 3M clear bra.car..

Al

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Grumpy, LOL! He didn't seem too grumpy when I talked to him. But he did ask where I was calling from and let me know that he recently spent a long day here with Hyundai, LOL.

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us MadOzodi :applause:

13. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

YW! :peace:

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Thanks for the info. (Ron Ketcham (Grumpy) is a very knowlegable guy, he's forgotten more about detailing than most people ever learn ( he's my inspiration to share knowledge)

15. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Great info!!!

16. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

I asked Ron to come to the forums lets hope he has some free time hehehe. O hes grumpy if your giving advice and dont know what your talking about. Be prepared tho he will make you rethink everything hehehe.

17. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Hehe, something tells me he'd get blue in the face scolding us for any advice we give.

When he was here with Hyundai, he said the two days were so long because it was a 2hr ABC demo after 2hr ABE demo with 10min. breaks in between. He also told me who the other manufacturers he was going to in the next few months.