Auto Concierge + Street Dreams Detail - Ferrari 458 Correction

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by dsms, Apr 10, 2013.

1. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

This detail was completed a while back at Bobs shop in NorCal. Brand new 458, spec'd beautifully in need of full paint correction.

Typical Ferrari factory issues all over the car, not the worst 458 he or I have seen but definitely not the best, this detail was carried out over the course of 3 days

Some shots of the finish, something about all that does not scream $300k car..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50s Quite a visible difference in color and clarity after the compounding stage, more room to brighten all that up later

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bob chasing nasty spots like this with the Rupes 75.. I finally upgraded my air supply so mine is coming soon (Thanks Phil!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Working the skirts with a griots and Rupes pad..

[​IMG]

Some nasty stuff down low... bumpers, wings, side skirts etc is where you will find a lot of heavy damage on cars like these. Same goes for Astons and Porsches

Before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Correction work continued on the interior carbon also, poorly finished too

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While uploading these on PB I checked out some old writeups, heres a quick look back to 08' when Bob and I first did some Ferraris together at his old shop..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fast forward 5 years! Final polishing - this car want not to have any LSP applied instead it was heading to get a full wrap post detail. We took considerable extra time to finish down the paint and extract as much from it as possible..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tiding up engine bay and jambs

[​IMG]

Interior finished, mind you a finished interior consist of leather, carpeting, glass, carbon or wood, jambs, crevices etc

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final photos, NO LSP... unless you count IPA and distilled water :thumb:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

LED shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lovely weather in California is what I kept hearing... clouds, rain and cold was what I got mostly, still better than NJ winters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Crisp reflection of the man behind a couple hundred finely polished exotics...

[​IMG]

I aways save my favorite for last

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading!

All the best,

Dave

2. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Great work and well documented correction Dave/Bob!

DIR!

3. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Great work as always guy's!

4. Mike Murphy

Mike Murphy Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Bob & Dave...Now that's a dream team!! Great work guys and excellent write up.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Great work you guys

6. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

78 here presently "J".............................did I just say that. .All kidding aside Dave will far surpass anything I have done as he is smarter than most with half his brain tied behind his back.................. or some just know this is as "Jness" .

7. RZJZA80

RZJZA80 Two Bucket System Washer

Is it just me, or does Bob not age? He looks exactly the same as the 5 years ago pics lol

8. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

With proper diet and lifting "MAN" weights regularly, the "OLDNESS" is kept away! Tell them Bob!

9. Auto Concierge

If you want to see someone who is young but only one year behind me at (49) look at Daniel in my write ups, as for lifting he lifts WAY more weight @ 185 LBS to my 257LBS................... my gym ONLY has 120LB dumbells and he inclines those for 20 reps, squats he will do mid 400's for reps, dead hang pull ups 12-20 reps..........for five sets!!!! leg press we fill the machine with ALL the 45's it will hold(20 plates)................yes reps............ make no mistake the "J" is modest but lifts bigboy weight as well....................I have seen it, heck I tore my rotator two years ago doing incline with him .............100LB dumbells instead of dropping I adhered to the "No meathead" rule and tried to set it down behind me...................failness.

Look at the hair..................grey more and more, but I can still do it(Working on cars) so I am happy about that.

10. cnut

cnut DB Forum Supporter

Nice work gentlemen!

11. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Very nice, I wanna see you guys tackle a 10 year old Audi or 20 year old Toyota or something, not just really expensive sports cars. :p:

12. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Nice work you two. This reminds me of a classic 90s beat....

"Tag team back again...check it top, wreck it...let's begin."

13. fech

fech Birth of a Detailer

Great work. You could have fooled me that it had no lsp. It looks reflective as all get out.

14. Auto Concierge

I will when someone with that kind of hammered car will pay my rate, but we know that the chances on that are "Slim & none" with the emphasis on the "None" (lol). I did plenty of those kind of cars when I started out .............. paid my dues in full.

15. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

That appears as thought they have. I just like to poke the lions occasionally.:giggle:

16. Auto Concierge

Just make sure while you are poking thru the cage, the door did not swing open because it's not locked...............Uh oh..................

17. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Or with track shoes, a parked get away car and a long pole.

18. SuperiorD42

SuperiorD42 Virgin Detailer

Fantastic job guys!

19. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Beautiful finish!

20. Kenny T

Kenny T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Awesome work!