auto concierge love letter

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by rfinkle2, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

this was sent to me by Bob @ Auto Concierge... thought you might like to read it.

Originally Posted by Auto Concierge
    Then why do you crank out the dumb things you say?, smarten up Junior before you make a trip to "Banned camp" as everyone is sick of your "Asshatness" here and @ MOL.

I said nothing dumb, and I believe I am further from being banned than you think.
    You say, "junior" as if you know who I am.

Junior was and is not endearing as it pertains to you, let me see you are a 20 something guy who is a enthusiast detailer with a possibility of living @ home still. The reason I surmise this is only "Youngin's" reply the way you do with emotion and no facts, futhermore if you cannot see how you come across.....................well look at the two replies which say for you to stop digging the hole deeper.

I do not care why you say the things you do or how you come to the conclusions as well, only people I come across like this are usually politically VERY liberal and when the debate gets into the facts they shout over you....or in your case "Attempt".

Put this stuff down finally and stick to positive content, or remember I will always be there to check you on the things you say "With the quickness", also no one even knows your name where I am up front with everything and am easy to find if needed.

Bob Willis

and my reply:

Bob,

My name is Rob (there are a number of people on the site that know my name) and I am 33 years old. I graduated magna cum laude (you may have to look that up) from Rutgers University with a degree in economics.

Not every thing on this site is positive, and you can rest assured that some of my comments will be positive, and some will be negative.

Thanks,
    Rob

2. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

what was the use of posting this? Are you trying to bash one of the best detailers on this fourm?

3. rfinkle2

I was made to look bad in a thread, and thought I would "air out" what was going on behind the scenes.
    When should polishing turn into politics and name calling?
    I was called "dumb" in the thread more than once and was told I was partaking in "asshatedness" in a private message.
    Am I not allowed to have my own opinion on polishes and or should I expect this type of private message?
    You must not have read the post.

4. stottie

stottie Birth of a Detailer

i just dont see the use of posting this. this is a detailing fourm, people come here to learn about detailing. this has nothing to do about detailing. you are still mad about what he had to say to you in the other threads. Mabey it was wrong the way he came off at you, thats not for me to judge. but im pretty sure i can speak for most of the members on here when i say no one cares about some pm you got.

5. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

While I don't necessarily advocate airing dirty laundry, it wasn't very mature on bob's part to send what could be conceived as threatening pm's to the OP. Also some big assumptions are made on Bob's part. No need to make himself out to be the best of the best. There are plenty of enthusiast out there that do just as good, if not better jobs than pros. This really doesn't make either person look all that good, but it really makes Bob look very conceited. Just my worthless .02.

6. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

This kind of stuff should be kept private, and not brought into the public forum. If you really have a problem with him PM'ing you. Bring it to a moderators attention.

7. rfinkle2

You hit the nail on the head. I come here to learn, share and comment on detailing, not to have someone call me dumb, and say that I am a 20 something and comment on what he thinks my politics are.

He has been all over my thread, and all over me in pm's and I thought I was doing what everyone does on the forums.

I read plenty of negative comments daily, without name calling etc.

8. rfinkle2

To allow someone to act so humble in pubic, and then pm someone in private with this type of garbage shouldn't go unnoticed, imo.

9. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I agree, you should be able to state your opinions regardless of if they are positive or not. What is this AG now? We can only say good things about products?

10. rfinkle2

I was speculating a new system without using it, and he took offense.
    I was made to look bad on a thread, and I wanted everyone to see what was going on behind the scenes.

Everyone thinks what a great person everyone else is simply because they detail high end cars.

11. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

I know, I did the same thing on AG and got called a hater. And thats after I used the system....go figure....

12. Denzil

Denzil DB Forum Supporter

To be quite honest, I'm not surprised you got this kind of response from him. He does great work but his ego gets the best of him at times.

I'm sorry but there are many other things that are way more important than detailing, at least to me, sorry to say.

13. rfinkle2

thanks you sir!

14. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I agree with denzil, this is small potatoes in the world I live in. For Chirst sakes, we are talking about cleaning cars, cleaning up other peoples messes. ......... Not engaging brain surgery or saving the whales.

15. rfinkle2

I understand detailing is his livelihood, but acting like the consummate professional in public, and then sending me messages like this in private burnt me up.

16. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I've completely turned over a new leaf when it comes to this kind of stuff. I used to care a lot about the integrity of this and that and how people talked to each other on here, but it really really REALLY gets old after a while. I used to get into arguments and take people's sides and all that, but if you step back and realize what you're doing it seems just useless and funny at the same time. We aren't talking about prevailing theories on brain surgery which could save or kill someone on the operating table, it's just auto detailing. Yes this is certain people's profession and the more power to them for that, but I think in light of recent events over the years, myself included, people could use a good humbling. It's not worth all the arguing, and people may say well it never slowed me down and I don't really care about it to begin with, well then what's the point of arguing in the first place? Let it roll off your back because in the end, it really doesn't matter.

17. TWISTEDFRAME

TWISTEDFRAME Jedi Nuba

While I agree, I don't think the OP is worried about being argued with. I think he is voicing his concerns on the way certain members talk to other members. Like with a total lack of respect, or even insulting.

18. rfinkle2

agreed on 90% of the points you make, but right away, the first reply to my thread was a question as to whether or not I was trying to bash a detailer...
    I mean, the guy calls ME dumb, makes assumptions about my private life and politics and tell me he'll be checkin my posts?

19. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Its a free country, you can do what you want.......... Im a firm believer in that, do I agree with what he said? I found alot of what he said as offensive really and honestly if it was posted in open forum I would have had sent phil a PM regarding it.

I agree, if you are professional act according. dont send hatefull PMs to other people, now again its a free country and he can do what he wishes as well.

at the end of the day we clean cars.... some do it for a living some do it for fun. Thank god I can say I do it for fun, but I never look down on others based on precptions.

There are major issues in this world as Reflect says, and I have more important things to do then argue with someone over a $120.00 detailing system, complied of some fuzzy pads, wax and a fancy box.... now if it was a Les Baer custom .45 that is totally different. LOL

"I mean, the guy calls ME dumb, makes assumptions about my private life and politics and tell me he'll be checkin my posts? "

yeah, not cool. on any level.

20. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I didn't really mean to attack either side, just saying it's probably not worth arguing over. Clearly you aren't dumb, so the best advice I could give you would be to let it go. If you saw the trend of where this site used to be and where it is now, you'll see the value in leaving these trivial things where they lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.