Audi S5 - Swissvax Detail

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Prism, May 18, 2010.

1. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

I was asked to carry out a detail on a year old Audi S5. The owner wanted the best he could get, correction, good level of wax etc......The Customer doesnt really use the car on a daily basis but when he does it mostly trips down south so a lot of motorway driving and when turning up it was evident the car had not seen a sponge for a while.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So started by giving the car a quick rinse, remove any dust or dirt that the Pressure washer would remove, then I sprayed Surfex APC on the lower half of the car and left whilst I cleaned the alloys. On the alloys I used Bilberry Wheel Cleaner and Surfex APC on the tyres and Arches

[​IMG]

Then worked round the car with APC in the petrol cap, door hinges and engine bay and then rinsed

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Then moved onto snowfoaming the car with Pro Valet PH Neutral Snowfoam

[​IMG]

Aggrigated dirt from crevises using a Swissvax Detail Brush and rinsed, then I washed the car using Swissvax Car Bath (Two bucket method of course) and a Dodo Juice Wookie Fist wash mitt, rinsed, then clayed with Swissvax Paint Rubber and Swissvax Quick Detailer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Engine bay was treated to Swissvax Motorshine which coats all the engine trim and ensures it keeps the gloosy black look forever with no chance of discoloration

The car was then dried using a hot air blow dryer from Chemical Guys. By this time it was late in the evening and I finished up to continue in the morning.

So next morning nice and early, got the car back out the garage, gave another quick wash (2bm) and dried again with the hot air dryer.Had a look over the car to view the correction required and found the car covered in swirls and hologramming and marring

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Took some paint depth reading with a Positector 200 (advanced) with some interesting results :shock:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The owner had told me the car had be valalised many times throughout the year of ownership and had been resprayed a couple or times :?

So i taped the car up and started to the correction

[​IMG]

Initially I chose Ultrafina on a Hex-logic finishing pad and started to the wing which had the reading of 548 microns, but this failed to correct, then i moved onto Swissvax Cleaner Fluid Pro on a Hex-Logic White pad (Polishing pad) and once again the level of correction was not achieved, so I then opted for 3M FCP on a Hex-Logic White Pad spread at 900rpms and worked at between 1500-2000rpms, refined with 3M Ultrafina on a Hex-logic finishing pad.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some pics once once corrected

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The paintwork was then treated to Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and then 2 layers of Swissvax Crystal Rock (76% Carnauba content) was applied inclusing inside the door shuts.

[​IMG]

Whilst waiting for the wax to cure, the alloys were treated with Swissvax Cleaner Fluid and then Swissvax Autobahn alloy wax (which contains PTFE) and the Tyres with Swissvax Pneu and both left to sure.

[​IMG]

Whilst waiting on the wax and alloys to sure then moved onto the exhaust trim, this was treated with Swissvax Metal Polish and ultrafine steel wool, then waxed with Brillent Metal Wax.

before
    [​IMG]
    after
    [​IMG]

Then I removed the wax from the paintwork with a Zaino ultra plush MF and removed the excess Pneu from the tyres and wax from the alloys the exhaust trim.

The windows were treated with Swissvax Crystal and the Door rubbers with Swissvax Seal Feed.

The interior was treated to Swissvax Leather Cleaner and Swissvax Leather Conditioner, the interior trim wiped down with APC and the mats and boot shampoo hoovered

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

then the car wash finished and here are the final shots

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    #[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Followed up with a maintanence detail over a month later....only addition was the use of Swissvax Nano Express as a top up....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The Customer was more than happy with the results :)

Anyways thanks for viewing

Robert

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Love that car!!! Good job.

Is Swissvax like Meguiars in the states? That was one hell of a SV detail.

3. cnut

cnut Guest

Very nice work! Those S5's are some really nice cars.

4. Jav.STi

Jav.STi Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Very good job!

5. Prism

Prism Birth of a Detailer

Oh no, Swissvax equivilent is the like of Zymol.....very much a high end brand

6. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

Beautiful work on a beautiful car.

Nicely done.