Audi R8

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Jayplay, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

This was booked in for a Swissvax Divine Protection Detail

No befores or during shoots im afraid but will include these in future write-ups as i just bought a decent camera.

Vehicle is 7 months old and was heavly scratched in places and lots of fine scrathces what looked like it may of been caused by the dealer wash guys drying the car with a water blade

Vehicle was clayed with Swissvax paint rubber and stubborn tar spots were removed with Autosmart Tardis.
    The roof and hood were polished via rotary with menz 3.02 on a meg's polishing pad and rest of vehicle was polished with menz 85rd and then Swissvax Pro cleaner fluid applied.

Paintwork including alloys was then topped with Divine. All exterior plastics were cleaned with Swissvax plastic wash and the treated with Swissvax Protection. Tyres were treated with Swissvax Pneu.

Glass was treated with Carlack glass sealant

[​IMG]

2. Nica

Nica Banned

Wow...what a vehicle and it looks great. Very nice reflection and the depth :wicked:

Such a gorgeous vehicle, man you get to detail some very nice vehicles :thumb:

Thank you for sharing, vehicle looks great.

3. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Nice car ! Well awesome car! LOL!! Great job, the reflection is like a mirror!

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

wow looks awsome. that black is wet.

ok one quick question on divine. what is the difference between the german and italian divines?
    Had to ask, thanks

5. Jayplay

Jayplay DB Pro Supporter

HARD TO SPOT ANY DIFFERENCE SO I BEEN TOLD BY SV HQ

6. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

cool thanks, im trying to find out as much about it as i can befoe i take the plunge in the new year :coffee:

7. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

DAMN! My fav car :D I would do anything to detail a R8, or drive it. mmm...drive it :D

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Pirex, you beat me to it! I was going to say that you'd go oogly over this one!

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Very cool detail. Nice work.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Yea I'm with pirex, I don't know what I would do if I was given the opportunity to detail such a vehicle.

Jayplay - Question for you, you seem to detail nice high end vehicle. In general how do you find the owners of these high end vehicles? Easy to get along? A bit on the snoby side? Just wondering that's all.

11. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

Very nice indeedie!

12. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I knew you were gonna say that! Mine too! I fell in love with Audi R8 ever since I saw a movie - I, Robot.