audi q7

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

This car is for the same guy who owns the a6, he was away for the weekend and wanted both og them done.

this thing was huge, i was shocked to see the third row seating.
    The process was the same as the a6

It was washed with onr
    clayed with ricardo and swissvax clay
    there was a ton of tar so i needed to use some amazing roll off and elbow grease, the aro actully helped, carlos was ther he can vouch.
    next was duragloss pre bonding agent
    followed by duragloss 105.

while that was curing I did the interior just a simple vac and clean, nothing sectacular

I buffed off the duragloss and then cleaned the windows with swissvax window cleaner

her are the pics

before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

this car did not look that dirty bt let me tell you it was, the blue hides dirt really well

afters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

it really needs a polish

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments or questions?

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Such good looking cars, really great work there!

Was he already on his winter wheels? Because those old school Tiger Sport Wheels look a bit off, hah!

3. Calgarydetail

thanks,and those are his summmers, he has not put the winters on yet.

4. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

Another home-run, Mike.

5. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Love it :D Q7 is so good looking :D

6. Calgarydetail

thanks, i do what i can

and pirex, i really loved this suv, im normaly a sedan kinda guy but if i had the money i would drive one, they are great rides

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Interesting, as the OEM wheels are nicer than his summers??? He is confusing me!!!

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

IF you had the money? WHAT? Did you just buy TWO tubs of Vintage? :rollinglaugh:

9. Calgarydetail

well i got the money back for one and the price of one of those in canada start at 60k, for a fully loaded one we are looking at over 100k. Its alittle out of my price range :buffer:

10. Calgarydetail

i dunno, i guees he just likes those ones better then the oem... its not my car so i cannot comment on his reasoning

11. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Did you get ur other Tub in yet? PICS? Price?

100K? thats insane? Are the BMWs/MB's that high too?

12. Calgarydetail

cars are alot more in canad, for everything, bmw and mb have reasles statments they are going to try to balance it out for us but right now its still cheaper to buy in the sates. The only problem is not all companies honour waranties up here.
    but higher end cars are like 10-15 grand cheaper if you buy them in the states. Heck if i bring up a ferrari, with duty and everything I can sell it fro 30-40K more then I paid.

I have not goten my seconed tub yet no, i just ordered it last week so im hoping soon, but you never know with customs.
    When it comes I promise tons of pics.

13. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Nice work Calgary..Hopefully you get a polish on that done soon! I valet one of those, it's a nice SUV, and it had one of those back up cameras :p

14. Nica

Nica Banned

What two Audis...man you good some wicked clients...if you ever do another Audi and it's getting polished phone me I'll bring my Metabo and Makita over. I would love to polish an Audi...I want to man handle an Audi hahahaha

vehicle looks great, Audis are very classy...well at least I'm starting to learn that they are very classy I wonder how they are with maintenance. I showed my wife the picture of the Audi you previously detailed and she liked it...not sure if I'm going to like paying the bill though hahahahaha.

15. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

100k for a loaded Q7? CHEAP :p Here it starts around 200k :O Welcome to Norway, geez!

Nica, the maintenance on audi ar not to bad, but not like a toyota ;)

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you are dong me favorite combo - DG601 followed by #105. :righton:
    Looks awesome! Speaking of these new Audis, do you get to drive any of them???
    I really wanna know how they drive, but don't want to take a test drive myself yet.

17. Calgarydetail

the only driving I did was from the garage to the dirveway and back. It was a nice ride for the 20 feet :righton:.

I have been in the older a8's (well 2 or 3 years old) and it was not impresive, it was loud and bumy compared to is competitor the s500. However after detaiing these it appears that audi has changed there ares to make them more conforatble. It looks like thy have worked some kinks out, i have not driven it enough to really test itbut it seemd like a nice car. go test drive, you know you want to

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you are teasing me with S-class.
    I really want one myself. It's air suspension makes you feel riding on air, never feel a bump. Love it!!!:righton: