Audi B7 RS4 in Sprint Blue

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Ronnie, May 31, 2012.

1. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

The car in question is a stunning 2007 Audi RS4 Saloon in Sprint Blue. The car is a recent purchase of a friend who takes great care and pride in his cars. On arrival the car had just had the wheels refurbished and was clean and clayed. The order for the day was to make it perfect..
    I’m not showing any wash pics simply as there was nothing to see. It arrived perfectly clean and after a wash we only found 2 tar spots. If only they all arrived like this!
    The car had recently had the front bumper painted due to the usual RS battle scars that even the most cared for suffer from. Anyhow, Now onto the correction. After initial inspection it was evident that although well cared for lack of proper wash techniques by the previous owner had resulted in a large amount of wash marks paint dulling and the dreaded tell tale straight line RDS of a water blade!!!
    The car was initially machined using SPautopia Cool pads and Megs DA correction fluid via DA, This is to remove the easiest of marks and leave us with just the deepest of marks to contend with. On plastics it was a yellow Megs spot pad and Megs 105 via rotary then refined with a megs black spot pad and 205.
    Once this stage was complete then we could get to work on the deeper marks using spider sandwich pads and megs 105, then dropping to a 3M yellow pad then dropping to Megs 205 and finishing with our new secret finishing polish that is simply the best I have ever used and one I will keep to myself for a while longer lol!
    With the bumper extra care was taken around washer jets and parking sensors. This allows us to safely work in an area without worrying about any damage.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The main areas that needed work were; the top of the boot lid roof and bonnet needing a slow and concentrated effort on removing pretty much all the defects. I prefer to take longer and slowly bring down the level of paint rather than obliterating the paint with the harshest of compound/pad combinations as I feel paint is sometimes removed unnecessarily in some cases.

[​IMG]

After first pass:
    [​IMG]

These are the marks that I want to focus on with the rotary:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Once the correction and refining was finished, we concentrated on getting as glossy a finish as possible in preparation for the Zaino coatings again we opted for 3 coats of Z2 with Z6 between each coat and finished off with Orchard Autocare Perfection applied to all surfaces including the glass and black trim. The tyres were conditioned using our prototype tyre dressing. And now for the afters!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some pictures of how water just runs off once finished which we had a bit of fun with lol!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Many thanks for taking time to read through our write up. As always all C&C are very welcome.
    Rollo.

2. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

Veryy pretty color. You did it justice!

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Now THAT is freakin gorgeous! Wow. Afters are gorgeous. Great job.

4. Gale Force

Gale Force Obsessive Detailer

Beautiful!

5. amercour

amercour Birth of a Detailer

That is beautiful

6. React

React Birth of a Detailer

Best RS4 color!

Great work!

7. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

looks great

8. Lucci Elite Detail

Lucci Elite Detail DB Forum Supporter

Great Job! The afters are gorgeous!

9. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

That color is amazing. Nice!

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

10. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

Love those cars. Nice work.

11. LostHighway

LostHighway Jedi Nuba

A very nice car in a beautiful color and great work. What is not to like?
    I understand that Orchard AutoCare has started distribution in England. Any thoughts of coming to North America?

12. Netwrkr

Netwrkr Virgin Detailer

Incredible!!

Tom

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

13. GoFast908Z

GoFast908Z DB Pro Supporter

Very nice work! Well documented and super nice photos

14. jb1219

jb1219 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

all i can say is ..WOW! thank you for posting that

15. Ronnie

Ronnie Birth of a Detailer

Many thanks for all the great comments guys. Its very much appreciated and Im glad you liked it!

It is something i am looking at, if we got someone on board it would be great everyhting has been passed for resale in the USA and we are in talks with supplying OEM products to a manufacturer at present in America. Would be a dream come true to be honest! Our new UK distributor is doing great work so who knows whats in store over the next year or so..