audi A6

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

So I have the perfect client, I have never met him, i have access codes to his house so I can do the cars whenever works, he just tells me to do whats needed.

so i figured i would do everthing but polish, figured he might be shockedb by that bill :rollinglaugh:

so here is his wifes a6,

It was washed with onr
    clayed with ricardo and swissvax clay
    there was a ton of tar so i needed to use some amazing roll off and elbow grease, the aro actully helped, carlos was ther he can vouch.
    next was duragloss pre bonding agent
    followed by duragloss 105.

while that was curing I did the interior just a simple vac and clean, nothing sectacular

I buffed off the duragloss and then cleaned the windows with swissvax window cleaner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Afters:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all and all it was a fun detail, it took about 5 hours in 5 degree weather, but was stil fun.

and thanks to carlos for stopping by to help. He did wondering with the tar :worship:

2. Divine Detail

Divine Detail DB Pro Supporter

great job, as usual. So this is where Carlos froze his fingers off....thank god for my wash lol. I don't miss doing details outside in the least.

3. Calgarydetail

that was the place, i dont think carlos will be going mobile anytime soon :rollinglaugh:

and yeah its nice to have somewhere warm, luckly it was nice this weekend so im not complaining

4. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice vehicle :thumb: I can understand why Pirex likes his Audis.

The car looks great Calgary, I like how that Duragloss looks on it I saw a little how easy it is to use Duragloss and I'm looking forward on getting my stuff in.

The Swissvax clay feels almost like the Ricardo, a bit different and a bit hard to explain but it felt like the Ricardo, found that interesting. Now about the tar, I don't know how much help I was Calgary as I was freezing out there...don't know how you did it I would have been too cold to do it..actually I was too cold to do it hahahahaha. The tar was a pain to remove, but ARO was a briliant idea and it worked great too.

Thank you for sharing the pictures, it turned out great.

I like my garage very much :thumb:

5. Divine Detail

You're a trooper, Carlos. I swear mike doesnt have any feeling in his hands!

6. Calgarydetail

thansk carlos, and yeah i also see why pirex loves the audis. they aren nice rides.

Duragloss makes some good stuff, this car will be proteced for a few months now so i wont have to worry about doing it in the cold for a while.

and it wasnt cold, i was actully hot. If you ask me it was a wonderfull fall day :p

7. Calgarydetail

naw im just not a wimp like some people ;)

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I agree with Mike not having any feelings in his hands, my fingers were turning pink because of how cold they were getting Mike on the other hand was just wearing a sweater working away on the vehicle like he was in the middle of summer :eek:

Me I had my winter jacket on :rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

I guess once you get going though you do heat up a bit but still no mobile for me unless it's summer or I'm detailing it inside...like the fire truck :thumb: :rollinglaugh:

9. Divine Detail

haha been there...done that with mike. My hands didn't want to move by the time we were done with an eclipse we did in the middle of winter.

10. Calgarydetail

again it was warm weather, and that one was ina garage, it just wasnt heated and the door was open... man you guys are wimps

11. Nica

Nica Banned

haha I like my fingers and I'd like to keep them for a long time hahahahaha

12. Divine Detail

yeah! What if I wanted to become like...like a hand model!! hahahaha

13. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Very nice job Calgary :D Love the color on that A6, sweet! Duragloss is good stuff, the reflections are good! Oh, and I see why you guys see why I like Audis..lol :p

By the way, got a new car today. VW :O

14. Nica

Nica Banned

New car..NEW CAR!!!! So um...where are the pics bro!!!!!

15. Calgarydetail

thanks, and yeah i love the gold it looks nice on the a6. and congrats on the new ride

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

man, I love these new Audis!!! Germans can sure build some aggressive looking cars!! DG #105 looks awesome on it!!!

17. Calgarydetail

yeah the germans make some nice cars, its just to bad they cost so much to fix :rollinglaugh: , thanks, i rellly liked the look of 105. I dont normaly use sealents, but i thought these people needed durabilty for the winter. It was suprised how good it looked on gold.
    But dont worry everyone, im still a nuba man :righton:

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

yep, if you are getting a geraman car, better get it new, or only a couple years old.
    It's least likely to break then.

19. ChristR

ChristR Birth of a Detailer

Ah, that's a nice car.

Great work on getting it even nicer! Nice gloss from that Melange color (at least I think it's called that)

20. Calgarydetail

first, welcome to DB, dont forget to introduct youself

thanks, glad tou liked it, and i have no idea what the colour is called, you are prob right.