ARO as wheel cleaner?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dontsleeponit, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Have any of you used ARO (amazing roll off) as a wheel cleaner, and If so how would you say it performed, specifically compared to other wheel cleaners you've used?

I have used it for awhile on my factory wheels, cut 50/50 mostly because I maintain my wheels fairly well and it doesnt need to be too strong. I just want to see who else has used it for wheels an how well they think it performed compared to other wheel cleaners theyve used. I want to get an idea of what is stronger and what isnt.

I think its nice to be able to spray the same product on the wheels, wheel wells, and tires and have it do a good job all around.

On my scale, I'd say the 50/50 ARO was slightly less effective then DP wheel Gel, but both were not as strong as carbrite wheel brightener.

Lastly, have any of you encountered surface which you would NOT recommend using ARO on? Like polished aluminum or anything like that?

2. MAKDaddy626

MAKDaddy626 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I use P21S about once every other month or on friends and families wheels that are really neglected, but most of the time, I use ARO 50:50. Like you, my wheels stay pretty clean and 50:50 ARO has never been "not enough"

I agree, being able to spray wells, tires, and wheels with one product is very handy.

3. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Cool, my plan was to buy P21S gel for either really neglected rims, or rims with a nicer finish (polished or chrome), but mostly use the ARO for maintained stuff.

I'm just excited to use my new toy, should make getting the entire rim, wheel well, and tire a breeze
    [​IMG]

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

ok thats it!!!! your outa control!!!!:crasy::applause2:

5. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

lol more crap I dont need right man? :kick2:

nah but its all good, it was $10 at lowes, I couldnt leave without it. Im thinking about going back and getting the small hand pump sprayer, it was only $7 !

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

:giggle::giggle: thats what happens when me and you arent working we think of more crap to buy:acry2::006::006:

7. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

Pot
    Kettle
    Black
    Trhland you and Dontsleeponit crack me up! :rollinglaugh: Joe I did a ARO review on AG with pics a while ago. It worked out great for me. I had some junk I could not get off my rims... I think AL-53 or Sparkie told me about ARO, I love it!
    Here I found the pics. I have no idea what was stuck on them, but ARO took care of it :thumb:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ahhhhh nice clean wheels :thumb: PERFECT!

8. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I've actually used ARO full strength on wheels.. Works well for me but it's liquidness isn't to my liking, it seeps down the wheels pretty fast :p. It works though :)

9. richy

richy Guest

10. Shea Luxury

Shea Luxury Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Has anybody tried Purple Power? You can find it at K-Mart or Wal-mart for like $5 a gallon! Try it. You'll be surprised.

11. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

I used a gallon of ARO before getting into Surf City....

http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/f35/surf-city-beyond-steel-vs-amazing-680.html

One thing I realized about ARO is that is that when I would pre mix it in a spray bottle for later use, it would seem to lose some of it's cleaning ability.

If I remember correct the directions say it is activated by water which is why they suggest spraying area to be washed with water, then apply ARO then rinse off...

With that said to use ARO I would wet area to be cleaned, spray 100% ARO, Rinse.. I never felt 100% safe in doing so but it worked.

After using Surf City I found a cleaner that was as strong but safe for all wheels ...

12. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

great this is info I was looking for. Come to think of it I remember your post about it, and you said you liked surf city alot.

Im assuming the surf city isnt something you would want to use on the tires and wheel wells too?

What kind of wheels have you had issues with ARO with?

thanks motorcity, and everyone else for the good info.

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

I wouldn't use the SC on wells.. while it would work well so does a good APC and it's more cost effective as well.

I've never had any issues with ARO but I just never *felt* 100% warm and fuzzy using it the way that I saw to be the most effective.

14. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Oh and yea I wanted to add, I kind of think the whole "activated by water" thing might be BS. Isnt it possible that its just working better when you use it full strength as opposed to diluted, which obviously would be weaker?

I think like you said in your post it has dilution ratios on the bottle, so you got me...

15. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

When I would use it freshly diluted it worked great.. after a while mixed in a spray bottle it *seemed* less potent... Cerebral = ???