armor all fierce shine tire foam question

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by someguy1.8t, Apr 5, 2010.

1. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

i got the armor all package that has everything you need to wash and clean your car as a gift, the box set you can get at a wallmart or target.
    my question is if there products are safe to use on cars. like the fierce shine tire foam, could that mess up the wheels if gets on them? what about the ultra shine wash & wax, washing soap, is it ok to use that?

2. cleanfiend

cleanfiend Jedi Nuba

long before i knew what i was doing, i used the tire foam on the family minivan (thank god it wasnt a nice car and we have since gotten rid of that thing). the tire foam left streaks on the plastic center caps on the wheels and i have since never used that product.

3. scott14

scott14 Birth of a Detailer

there are good otc tire shines....and that is deff not one of them..it sucks...slings everywhereeeeeee

4. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Just try them out, nothing is going to happen if you don't like them.

Personally, I only like the Armor All tire Gel as far as their tire shines, and I'm not crazy about the Armor All Ultra Shine Wash & Wax because it's really not very slick during the wash process but it does work.

5. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

You know, every year I have to remind everyone that if they are going to get me anything detailing related, that gift certificates to the online vendors I normally shop at are a MUCH better idea than a armor all/turtle wax box set. Now, if Carquest had a Duragloss holiday box set, I'd be all for that.

6. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

I dont think Armor stuff will harm to paint ... however there are many good stuff with reasonable price offer far better quality compared to armor / turtle wax. Agrees to Pektel, you wont go wrong with Duragloss.

7. Mr. Shine

Mr. Shine Birth of a Detailer

My advice.....re-gift it all.

8. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree:

9. BigAl3

BigAl3 Birth of a Detailer

if you use it, spray it on lightly and spread it around evenly with a tire dressing applicator. btw, i use both the AA tire shine gel and regular tire foam with no issues at all...

10. someguy1.8t

someguy1.8t Virgin Detailer

thanks everyone. i appreciate the replies and advice.