Are newer BMW owners retarded?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Reflect, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I'll be honest, I am completely hammered. I feel like I keep seeing BMW 335's and such completely massacred by terrible washing techniques. I'm drunk and annoyed.

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i live in an upscale town . and all i see are bmw rangerovers. ect.., and there all filthy.. it kills me people dont care...its a shame ...

3. phillystyle

phillystyle Virgin Detailer

i see the same thing in my area!
    these people don't look like the ones in the BMW brochure!!!

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I had this same conversation with Phil during the NE meet during the fall.

You guys have to remember that most of these vehicles are leased. People usually watch the mechanical side of things and the items that can become wear and tear items.

5. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

:sorry:

I'm probably guilty of bad washing techniques on all my parents' BMW's. There's many in our town that are beat, but some don't don't even get washed at all!

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

thats true . most are leased . heck they probably dont even change the oil.:yikes:

7. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

in their defense, no, they aren't all retarded. most of the Bimmer ENTHUSIASTS are pretty cool guys, especially the M guys. the reason i capped ENTHUSIAST is because there is a big difference between an enthusiast and fanatic IMO. Bimmer fanatics are typically assholes who truely believe that their bmw REALLY REALLY is the ultimate driving machine, and that no other car on the street is better, nicer, or faster than theirs. its hilariously sad.

the main reason i'd say most new Bimmers are hammered up nowadays us because to my knowledge, a lot of or most BMW dealerships have an automated car wash or some sort, where they give you a complimentary car wash after your vehicle is serviced. you get the idea. i've watched black M6's go through them before. its sad.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

My dad's new metallic black X5 was IMMACULATE until he took it into the dealership for a warranty issue a few days ago. They washed it with a burlap sack full of WALNUTS.

I won't go into any details on how it looks.

9. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

if i were you i would go and complain and get them to pay for detail to bring paint to condition before you took it in

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Wow. I drank til 7am. WIN!

11. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Yeah most Bimmer owners take it to the dealerships and get the courtesy wash. It is horrible.

And +1 to the enthusiast vs fanatics debate. Most of the "newer bimmer owners" over at E90post/Bimmerpost are fanatics. It's weird because I am not even that old (21) and I think it gets pretty immature over there.

Thought the M guys are usually a more mellow crowed mainly because it is an older demographic. Most of them are way cool.

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

My personal favorite is when BMW owners refer to their cars as "Beemers". Loser. A "Beemer" is a BMW motorcycle. A "Bimmer" is a BMW automobile. The only thing worse than that is a 3 series owner who thinks he's all that. If he actually had some cash, he'd be driving a 5 series.

13. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

HA, funny you say that because I always correct people and they are always like no you are wrong, get my phone out google search it and then they try to get some excuses or something...and nothing wrong with a 3 seriese, rather have that than a 5 kindda :) haha

14. 911Fanatic

I didn't say that there was anything wrong with a 3 series. Just don't start acting like your all that when you drive a 3. My wifes minivan cost more than most 3s.

15. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Hey I resemble that remark!:D

16. 911Fanatic

I rest my point. LOL!

17. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Haha yeah happens all the time people constantly mix them up.

For me I don't want to drive a 5 series or M5 till I am at least 30 or over even if I have the money. I think it is more of a "grown up" look with it. I am young so I want something a little more youthful so M3 it is going to be for now. That is just my take on it.

And I think anybody who thinks any car makes them all that has some issues. Look at Jay Leno he loves cars from top to bottom, and he has an outstanding collection of cars. For me there is no better or worse. Just different strokes for different folks. :p:

18. 911Fanatic

Thats exactly it. Different strokes. When I was young I had lots of modified cars but now my idea of a daily driver is a big black german sedan lowered on 20s. Sweeeeet. I still want to get a 911 for weekends though. :)

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

What's wrong with M3's? :p

20. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

BMWs come with 4 year/50k mile full service...