Aquapel Treatment

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by vxrmarc, Jan 19, 2008.

1. vxrmarc

vxrmarc Two Bucket System Washer

I have now had Aquapel on my cars windows all round now for about 2 months i think and its still going strong whereas rain-x by now i found would be finished and would need a reapplication......Having spoken via email to the manufacturers they say upto a year so im going to keep checking this....

Friend videoed this for me doing a fair legal speed on foreign motorway full of English holiday makers in absolutly torrential rain the worst ive known for a long time....Car driven with no wipers for 20 minutes and side windows clear..

Has anyone compared this to Rain-x as i find rain-x does the job better being silicone based i presume but aquapel last longer..

The video: :badidea: :lala:

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Thanks for posting the video Marc. Looking at it, I get 100% the exact same results from my Duragloss 751. Excellent stuff and lasts a good 3 months per application on my vehicle, after claying the windows.

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice video, I've ben looking at a few products to use on the windshield or glass and I've been quite happy with Duragloss AW.

Anybody know if this product could be purhased here in US/Canada? I wonder :thinking:

Thanks for sharing.

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

The dealership that first had my new truck put it on the windshield. My dealership did not charge for it. I bought the truck in Sept. Its been about a month. Since I have driven in the rain, but it was still doing great then. I will try to update my findings the next time I drive in the rain.

5. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

Haha, Looks good:thumb:, but you're on the wrong side of the road.:aord:lol j/k

I've never heard of aquapel, I have to look into more rain type of products.

6. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

You bet it can. It is made by PPG IIRC. It isn't as cheap as it used to be, but it is still available.

I know TSC has it, but I think they want to apply it for you as well.

7. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I pick up some glass treatment by PPG at O'Reilly auto parts for 10 bucks. I have not tried it yet.
    [​IMG]

8. Nica

Nica Banned

oooh so I can get my paws on this product huh :thinking:

Sparkie use it and let us know what your thoughts are um...and then send me some :woo:

9. HAN

HAN Birth of a Detailer

I found some at my local PepBoys for 7.99 per treatment. Mines been on for 2 months, still going strong.

Pete

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Really :yikes: that's wicked...hmmm..okay product worth purchasing :thumb: now let the hunt begin :waiting2: :waiting2:

11. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

I will for you buddy!:kiss::D

12. Nica

Nica Banned

Sounds good bro :drinking:

13. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

Aquapel is one of my favorite products for the windshield. It has awesome durability compared to everything else and makes my wiper work great. You can even go without wipers if going fast enough. I just wish it wasn't so expensive, 10 bucks an application. If you work real quick and just do the windshields you can get a couple windshields out of the applicator.

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Everyone should really look into Duragloss 751. Since I don't have a truck, I'm not exactly a speedracer and I hardly ever have to turn on my windshield wipers. Lasts a long time, too.

15. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

can you do the whole car in one application??

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Never used Aquapel, using Klasse AIO on windscreen, and loving it so far. Lasts around 3 months, which is good enough for me. After that I wash, clay, and reseal with AIO again.

By the way Rain X is horrible. It sheets water well when you leave it unwiped, but then it attracks dirt/dust like crazy.

Sticking with Klasse AIO.

17. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I have been using Aquapel for a few years..I was buying the 6 packs of them on Ebay...now they are available at some parts stores I use and they are 7.99 a pack....

Now this is the best treatment for glass period..glass has to be super clean for best results and durability....I polish with 1Z glass polish and then Sprayway glass cleaner...

I apply and then monthly I use AW over it..seem like it lasts forever...

Aquapel is worth the money....Pepboys has it....carquest....Napa can get it....Autozone I believe carries it now...

MUCH MUCH MUCH better than rain-X..no streaking or wiper clatter...just water fly off at its best

Al

18. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Just as an FYI... I put menzerna FMJ on my windshield...

yea that lasted for about 1 rain storm and was gone.

19. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

i know pakshak sells the Aquapel, but at 10 bucks a pop i always thought it was a little expensive for a one time pop. Maybe i'll have to try it one day cause of this thread.

20. POPPAJ

POPPAJ DB Forum Supporter

Aquapel is a great product! Found the best prices on ebay, the more you buy, the more you save!!! WHAT A COUNTRY!!!:angel: