Aquapel @ Costco

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by yukonon22, Mar 12, 2009.

1. yukonon22

yukonon22 Wax on..Wax off

Costco near me had Aquapel sold in packs of 4.

2. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Great find, I was just in my local harbor freight on sunday and they had it on $4.00 clearance, I bought the last 3. If they don't carry it I might have to swing by costco and mick some up.

3. yukonon22

i used one for the glass in my shower and the water run down nicely. Alot easier to apply compared to rain-x

4. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I think it's $14.95 for a 4-pack at Costco.

I've never used the stuff, so I didn't pick any up. Do you guys like this stuff? Until I started using Enviro-Shield, I used Rain-X on glass for years. I really, really hate that stuff. It works well enough, but getting the glass perfectly clear after application is a hassle.

5. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

I used it for the first time this past weekend on my BMW and it applied so nice. It was a simple wipe on and wipe off with a microfiber. I can't comment on the duribility yet as U havent driven the car since. I can't wait for me to give the enviro shield a try as soon as this wears off though!!!

6. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I haven't had a chance to try it yet but obviously heard great things about it. I don't have the places you guys do to get it real cheap...I'll keep on looking and maybe I can try it real soon. I just don't want to pay AutoGeek prices for this product...:shrug:

7. tod071

tod071 Birth of a Detailer

I guess I need to make a trip to Costco. I've used it before and found it pretty easy and offered very good protection.

8. yukonon22

My understanding is it lasts at least 6 months up to a year. Rather than a film it chemically bonds to the surface of the glass. If you look it up on youtube someone posted a durability video vs. rain-x. ill look for it.

9. yukonon22

10. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

LOL, did it rain for 60 days?? I don't want to live where he did!

11. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

Aquapel is amazing stuff. I tried Rain-X too and it is ok but nothing like Aquapel.

12. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

LOVE Aquapel. I wonder if MS ES would be more cost effective though.

13. lamby

lamby Birth of a Detailer

costco by me didnt have any or knew what i was talking about

14. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

Glad there is a thread on this because I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while.
    Question......for the one's that have used it does it make your windshield wipers chatter?

15. mb43

mb43 Obsessive Detailer

^ No but I used Rain-X on my Jeep before I had aquapel and it stopped the chatter.

On my coupe I used Aquapel and when I use my windshield wipers, all the dirt and dust that was on the windshield forms a line on the edge where the wiper stops!! That's how good it is. Also when I drive over 40mph there is no need for windshield wipers. Anything under that and the wipers just push the water off and the windshield is perfectly clear.

I'm having a hard time describing it though, you have to experience it in person haha.

16. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I've experienced no chatter. IME, dirty windshields and worn out wipers result in chatter. Also, I switched to the Bosch Icon type wipers when they first came out and have never looked back. That's about the same time I last experienced chatter from my wipers.

17. lamby

lamby Birth of a Detailer

wooo i finally found it at costco in rockaway in ny. they had atleast hundred of them @ $15.99. picked one up along with the 3pack mf with chenile and a megs goldclass wash

18. odgaard

odgaard Birth of a Detailer

i always thought the stuff caused chatter, seems like it doesnt. ive never tried aquapel. might be a good thing to add to the lineup

19. Hum-Benz

Hum-Benz Wax on..Wax off

I wound up getting Aquapel from Costco. Application and removal is very easy compared to RainX. The removal was sorta odd though. When you wipe it off it appears to smear and then all of the sudden it dissappears. No chatter whatsoever. One thing is that it doesn't do very well at low speeds but on the highway it's phenominal.

20. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter