Applying leatherique rejuvinator to leather trim seats while protecting alcantara centers?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by driveswithknees, Jul 31, 2014.

1. driveswithknees

driveswithknees New Member

Hello community, awesome place you've got here.

After many tries in my search strings, I have found it fruitless in answering my question, surely someone has had to handle this situation, many sports cars have leather trim with non-leather centers.
    My seats are leather trim with alcantara centers, still a lot of leather in the car. Clearly, having this oil absorbing to the centers is a horrible thing to happen, especially since the oil will spread more the hotter it gets in the car (in August LA it’s gonna get hot in there). There is a lot of leather and I would love to treat them with this product. I would imagine someone has dealt with this situation before… What was your process to protect the non-leather portions of the seats? Or if you haven’t what would you suggest? This stuff needs to sit on the leather for so long, I worry about any sort of seepage onto the alcantara. I’m guessing this rejuvinator is near impossible to get out of it, no? Did I jump the gun and not need this on brand new leather? It looks hard from the factory and am already getting creases on the driver seat.
    I have a plan in mind involving painters tape directly on the alcantara, right in-line with where the leather meets, then sealed packing tape on top of that, molded into the creases/meeting point very well, I’m using plastic tape on top in fear of the oil absorbing through the painters tape, but using the painters tape as the base layer to not ruin the alcantara.. Then another layer of packing tape holding down sheets of clean plastic cut to the shape/size of the non-leather areas, using this method to fully cover these areas. Since the headrests are all leather, this would prevent dripping onto the centers. Would this be enough or am I getting too worried? It would be quite time consuming, so it is the reason why I ask.

Many thanks in advance to yall pros.
    I've become quite addicted to detailing my shiny new ride from the future. I've found myself staring at how shiny carpro reload has made my hood while I drive and sometimes causes almost-wrecks.. JOKES!!! Point being is I have received such great knowledge from this forum and I am hoping to contribute in the future as I tend to be rather inventive with my process.
    C