Apple Iphone 4 in the toilet ..

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by kdude, Feb 3, 2011.

1. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Unbelivable... my girlfriend dropped her iphone in the toilet .. she fished it out and wants to know why it doesn't work ? SHe's blond so don't be too surprised... the phone is 8days old :yikes:

Anyone know if this phone can be fixed or made to work again without sending it to Apple ?

Has anyone had a similar instance ?

Thanks
    Howard

2. blackgn

blackgn Virgin Detailer

My gf dropped her 1st gen iphone in a puddle while running in the rain a couple years ago. She left it to dry out and and after a couple of days, it worked without problems.

Maybe remove the sim card tray and the backing (if you can) and letting it dry...?

3. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

My only suggestion would be to put it in a zip lock bag full of rice.

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

unscrew it and let all components dry and fingers crossed that itll work agian

5. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

Look on eBay for replacement components. Usually you can find them really cheap and the installation is usually pretty simple.

6. Ottawamax

Ottawamax Virgin Detailer

You can try to doing the bag of rice trick. Remove the sim card tray and let it sit inside a bag of rice (deep inside) for at least 7 days. Also, instead of paying for the parts on Ebay and then having to pay for installation, just go to the Apple store. If you book an appointment with an Apple Genius and truthfully tell them what happened, they will offer a direct swap of the 16gb model for $199 or 32gb for $299, which is still way better than paying the full retail price ($669/$759)/

7. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

Really? Ive never heard of that before...

8. JC98

JC98 Birth of a Detailer

Well the rice will work sometimes. If she tried to turn it on when it was wet probably not.

9. Ottawamax

Ottawamax Virgin Detailer

That's the case at least for the Apple store in Ottawa, Canada. A friend of mine had water damage on her phone and had it swapped outright for $199 for the 16gb model.

10. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

Boy's Big Thank you for the advice. I'm going to try rice (Basmati of course :) , and see what happens...

11. Old School1980

Old School1980 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a budy that can fix it this all that he works on.
    if wont i aks him for you
    Im not sher what he will cost
    send me a PM if me to ask :)

I can fix it also but just no time sory

12. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

If it's screwed take it to the Apple store. They hands down have the best customer service I've ever had. You will either get a large discount or give you another for free. I've permanently broke my iPhone 2-3 times and got a brand new one every time with no hassle. Water damage is a bit touchy but it's worth a try.

13. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

Don't they have an App to fix this type of problem... :lol2:

14. richy

richy Guest

Jason, in fact they do. The app bends you over and you kick yourself in the ass!!

15. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

bag of rice works. my blackberry got soaked once (with coffee) and it wouldnt work. tried bag of rice trick and few days later it magically worked again.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

:gasp:if theres poop on it it can be fixed...

17. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

The rice idea is pretty genius.... because it will absorb water! Man why didn't I think of that!