1. freefallin2000

freefallin2000 Birth of a Detailer

I have been using Zep Citrus on wheels, wheel wells, tires, dirty door jambs, engine bays, etc. At 4:1. I guess I am wondering if it is really worth spending money on some other APC's such as AG Powermax 3, Total Autowash, or OPC. So far, just reading up, OPC looks to be the nicest/best for the money.

I have never used Zep on leather of vinyl, so I am curious if at 4:1 if it is safe to use to clean leather, door panels, etc. Also, if you have a favorite APC, please let me know which one, what you use it for, and how much it runs.

2. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

you can try at the zep1:10 or 1:20, a great leather cleaner is woolite at 1:10 ratio, it doesnt have a fancy label, but is extremely economical and works great on some of the dirtiest leather Ive faced, very gentle as well

3. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Optimum PowerClean is hands down the best APC/Degreaser on the market IMO. Not to be confused with other people opinions. I use it cut at 3:1 for rims/tires/wheel wells 5:1 for interior cleaning, carpets and 10:1 for leather depending on the level of "Soiledness". 5:1 used on really grimy leather.

As always, a test spot is a must! All leather really is different and you don't want to run the risk of using something to harsh.

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I like P21S TAW. It's the only APC I've used other than the Exclusive APC which is very nice as well. The only downside to the TAW is it's cost, other than that it's a great cleaner. Once I'm out of my 5L I'll be switching over to the Autowerkes Exclusive APC.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

6. yamabob

yamabob Two Bucket System Washer

I've been using SuperClean for years on just about everything will great results.Removes all the oils out of your hands-but that's the only negative I can think of

7. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

I just tried purple power on tires and it works great. Plus, 1 gallon for five bucks.
    yamabob, go to supercleans website. They have this flash game right on the front where you clean a grill, pretty cool.

8. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Autowerkes Exclusive APC is not out yet, Ken, any idea when this is going to happen?

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

LA's Totally Awesome for me - use it for everything. I've used Zep Citrus and Zep APC but the LA's TA is way superior. And cheaper.

10. freefallin2000

So it sounds like OPC is the front runner here.... I have been hearing some awesome feedback on the AWE APC> Ken, when is this going to be available!?

11. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Where do you get this APC at??

12. IOMCAMARO

IOMCAMARO DB Forum Supporter

You can get it at any Dollar General.

13. freefallin2000

Sounds pretty ghetto lol. I think I will stick to Zep until I get some OPC> Zep is just so cost effective its hard not to use it! It definitely works well to boot.

14. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Optimum just came out with a new version of OPC.

15. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

I was skeptical at first, but after buying 1 bottle of Awsome, I think I've gone through over 25 now. I use it full strength to strip the peeling rubber coatings off of VW/Audi interiors, use it as a degreaser/all purpose cleaner for all automotive surfaces, cleans the house, really works well on oven grease, and I love it for cleaning tires....
    Its soo cheap, why not try it! Just dilute properly and you cant go wrong.

I've gone through a few different Zep gallons, all work well. Megs APC and APC plus both work great, I just get sick of the smells after a while for some reason.
    Right now I'm working on a gallon of Automagic Triple Seven, and Malco Outrageous Orange... they seem to be lasting me forever.
    I've also been using a 16oz bottle of Chemical guys Green Clean.. I really like it, and may order a gallon.

I hear really good things about OPC and P21s TAW.... it's kind of hard to go wrong with an APC. Unless they smell horrible, or you dont dilute them properly, they all do the same job.
    I also always have a few gallons of Meguiars Super Degreaser around for engines/wheel wells, usually even stubborn door jambs. Its not neccesarily cost effective using a degreaser AND an all purpose cleaner, but Super Degreaser has NEVER let me down for tough jobs, its worth the extra cost.

16. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

I use Zep for engines and wheel wells, OPC 3:1 for everything else.

17. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

Just some stuff I want to try,

Exclusive APC, LA's TA, OPC

right now I use Zeps Citrus and really like it

18. ////AMG

////AMG Two Bucket System Washer

What is the strongest ZEP degreaser/apc?
    -ZEP Industrial Purple Cleaner & Degreaser
    -ZEP Citrus Cleaner
    -ZEP All Purpose Cleaner
    -ZEP Forumula 505 Cleaner & Degreaser

19. BoostedMk6

BoostedMk6 Jedi Nuba

Zep Purple.

20. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i agree that most apc work well. my preference is kens and opc. just read a post that opc took a stain out of a shirt when 4 other cleaners ie tide, etc couldnt.