anyone use Jeff Werkstatt products?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by lonewolf525, Jul 25, 2009.

1. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

i was wondering if anyone here has used the jeff werkstatt product line? i got a hold of their carnuba and acrylic wax and sealant. just wondering what kind of results people have been getting. do you recommend on light colors or dark. thanks

2. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I know quite a few people on here have used it, I'm sure they'll chime in.

I've used it a few times, and TBH wasn't too impressed with it. It (Prime and AJ) has a sorta stale look, AJ is finiky to use until you get the process down, and the beading/slickness retention isn't great.

For a two part sealant system, I much prefer Zaino AIO and Z2PRO.

3. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

I've used JW too. Believe it's been compared to Klasse--reasonable comparison IMHO--but with a bit more refinement? I think it's all right on metallics, but prefer FK1000P topped with Pink Wax and/or FK 425 to JW LSPs.

As bigpoppa said, others will no doubt add some comments/experiences

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

AJT is an absolute must IMHO. Saves so much time, looks great on light colors, and is awesome for wheels. I used Duragloss 105 topped with AJT on wheels and I've yet to find a slicker finish that repels brake dust.

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I love AJT and agree with Reflect that it is a must have. I also like the Prime Acrylic and love it too as an AIO. Combine the two and you get a great finish that is just dead easy to use. I've used Zaino and think the JW line is much better and a whole lot less complicated.

6. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

AJT is one of my all time favorites. It's super easy, and lasts very well. When topped with a nice nuba, I find little need to have any other sealant.

7. gthal

gthal Two Bucket System Washer

I use the Jeffs line and, although I agree with the incredible ease of use and a nice look on lighter colors, I find the durability to be not great. I get no more than a couple of months of durability with Prime Strong topped with AJT. On the other hand, with ZAIO topped with Z2pro, I easily get 4+ months.

I really, REALLY, wanted to stay with the Jeffs line given how incredibly easy it is to use but just don't like the durability aspect. This spring, I prepped my daily driver very well and used the Prime Strong/AJT combo. Within a month, the car had a lot of imbedded contaminants that would not wash off. So, went back to the drawing board, reprepped and used ZAIO and Z2pro this time. As of my wash today, the car beads like crazy and has zero contaminants after a normal wash. I don't remember exactly when I put the Zaino on but it was at least a month ago. The Jeffs products just were not holding up.

The flip side is that it is so easy to add a layer of AJT, you could almost treat it like a QD and add a layer or two every couple of weeks. This would give great durability for sure. The only issue then is cost.