anyone use a polisher like this?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by Calgarydetail, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

2. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

I have seen those types of buffers for large aircraft and tanker trucks. Mainly used for metal polishing on large scale. I seen them called "drum polishers".

3. BrendanS

BrendanS Welcome to Detailing

hmmm... never seen it. He's in Langley too.

"We use the worlds best polishing tool! The ASTRO
    Drum Polisher Used by American Airlines. No swirl marks, No edger grinding, No surface burning, while achieving the high resolution and brightness desired.È

From their website. Id like to see it under a light... interesting. Im going to email and try get him on this site :p.

4. dsms

dsms DB Forum Supporter

Must be great for correcting the the license plate and badge areas:duh:. If that did word well it would be a massive time saver, I just dont see how you can break down a polish hologram free just by having the head spin in a back and forth motion.

5. jake_b

jake_b Obsessive Detailer

6. PhoTuGo

PhoTuGo Jedi Nuba

So he wool pad everything? err not pad but yeah Round thingy. master detailer status one pad

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've heard of the company Astro but I've never seen this polisher. It looks rather unusual but I'd be interested to hear how well it actually performs. :thinking:

8. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I've never seen it before either. It does look rather cool. I wonder if you would have to learn how to polish all over again. like going from a da to a rotary...:shrug:

9. Dream Machines

Dream Machines Jedi Nuba

I just found that video and everyone in the Australian detail forum laughed at the machine and doing a car like that
    The downside of this unit might be the 2850 rpm and also the fact that there are no foam or microfibre pads/rolls for it, only wool, spiral sewn and cotton

I'm always open to new ideas or out of the box thinking so we shall see what else comes out