Anyone tried this hand-pump sprayer?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by spK, Nov 12, 2008.

1. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Dropped by lowes to pick up a 1gal pesticide sprayer and stumbled upon this.
    Anyone tried them before? :shead: The bottle is really heavy duty plastic. Just two options for spray though, jet and spray/mist.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Well if you have the receipt I would tell you to go back and return it, otherwise you wasted $7. I bought 4 of these and everyone started leaking on the bottom where the plastic is joined together. Not only was I out the $7 each time but the product as well that leaked on the floor. For the money you are much better off with the Solo 418. These are the ones I use now and they work great.

SOLO 418 1-LITER ONE-HAND SPRAYER, MISTER ,WATERER - eBay (item 150248206826 end time Dec-12-08 06:33:35 PST)

These are the folks I bought from. I bought 5 when I bought them. They have lasted 3 times as long as the Lowe's ones and are still going strong.

3. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the input. I didn't buy it, i'm well over my budget for detailing stuff :doh:.

What do you use it for anyways? I see people use it for wheel cleaners.

4. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

i picked up two

Thanks for the link

5. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Joe..what the hell are you going to do with the sprayers...spray dressing on your salad or sauce on your pasta...HAHAHA.....

glad to see you bought something good...

Al

6. Denzil

Denzil Guest

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Looks like I won't be using those spayers anytime soon...:shrug:

Denzil, I just came off your Sprayer review. That was before my time... NICE...:thumb:

8. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

9. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

10. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

They have a metal pump versus cheap plastic. Very good durability

11. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Odd, I've been using those for APC+ and Last Touch with no problems and they've been sitting in those containers for the better part of a year...

Guess I got the good batch :shrug:

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Yeah I guess you're lucky, LoL. But really, those Solo sprayers are really worth every penny. You can tell the quality is there just by looking at it and using it. My Solo 419 has been holding up really well with ARO inside and hasn't shown any ill effects.

13. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Hehe, thanks Denzil. I read and followed your review thread and it has influenced my decision making on spray pumps. Only problem is that I'm waiting for the current 2 that I have right now to die off so its taking a while :(

(I want to buy new things already too :crasy:)

14. Denzil

Denzil Guest

LoL, I always want to buy new things, haha. It's a sick addiction!

15. Strs90

Strs90 Birth of a Detailer

I don't like the lowes sprayer because of its mist. Hard to describe but only when the tip is fully tightened does it mist.. and even then its more of just a circular spray instead of a straight line.. if that makes sense? I bought four Solo 418 on ebay for $30 and they are much better in my opinion. The mist is great and the ability to point the sprayer is way more useful than I would of every thought.

But I still prefer a regular spray bottle over a pump. I seem to go through way more product with the pump sprayers. I only use the pump sprayer for covering large areas quickly such as TAW over the entire car.

16. stealthmode

stealthmode Two Bucket System Washer

17. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

OK, I give up. What are you guys using them for?

Or, let me ask it a different way. What do you get out of using one of these that you don't get from a plain old (trigger) spray bottle?

18. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

Also...anyone tried one of these?

Tractor Supply Company - Ground Works 1⁄2 gal. Pump Sprayer

I've got a 2 gallon one that's a little different - it's got a hose on it - but it's from the same product lineup, and I bought it at Tractor Supply. So far, it's the best one I've used - I like that the wand is made out of metal. But I'm not sure I want to swing a metal wand anywhere around a car.

19. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I've been meaning to update this thread. One of my green ones has completely corroded due to a pure APC+ solution, meaning no water. Probably a stupid move on my part but I needed full strength...

That is probably a solid 6+ months of dilutions. I think the full strength solution killed it off lol...

My Last Touch 1:1 is still going nicely. I'm thinking of buying more soon :)