Anyone remember the Master Detailer?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by musc, Apr 12, 2010.

1. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I was reading a few posts below where someone met the Wax Daddy at a recent car meet. For some reason it reminded me of the guy on youtube who claimed to be the Master Detailer and always said stuff like he was live on location. He had this big ass wool pad on his rotary with some crazy fast technique that made most cringe. He also used secret unobtainable NASA approved teflon sealants and what not, lol. Quick search on Youtube and its great to see he is still at it. Looks like some of the original videos that were posted on here about 1 1/2 years ago are gone, but I haven't gone through all the new ones yet.

Here is a little sample for those not familiar with him.

YouTube - 2000 Carrera (Scratch removal, polish and sealer)

2. JonM

JonM Guest

Wowwww

He's putting pads on floor, and while I'm no expert and have never wet sanded a car he's CLEARLY not doing anything right. Jesus, poor Carrera.

3. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

shit ive been doing it all wrong :(

4. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

lol, I found the old thread, but it looks like the video links are dead. He would do some crazy stuff. One time he couldn't get the glaze to come out the bottle, so he literally ripped the bottle open spilling the contents everywhere and onto a power cord. He then used his trusty applicator to wipe up some of the spilled glaze, even off the concrete!

Old thread. You can see by the DB member responses how crazy it was!
    http://www.detailingbliss.com/forum/compound-polishing/7126-not-taken-serious.htm

5. Audi2.7t

Audi2.7t Two Bucket System Washer

.....and you guys wonder why you see all these cars with holograms lol

6. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Holy crap! I need a rotary!

7. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

Did anyone notice that it appears he's using the same applicator for applying compound, polish and sealant to the paint?

This video reminds me of something that happened to me this weekend.
    I was in Pep Boys yesterday looking for a Brinkman (which they never have!) and while looking in the detailing aisle, some dude started talking to me about all of the products that are now available. He went on to tell me that he's a detailer and is about to open up a permanent location and how he gets most of his stuff from the Boys. I asked if he did mostly rotary work or he used a DA also. Instantly he gave me the deer in the head lights look. He tried to play it off by saying "Rotary, you?". I said I used a Flex. Another deer in the head lights look. From there on the conversation was kind of sad. In the end, he asked me to drop his shop when ever I wanted and that he wanted to learn more about detailing.
    He must be really lost if he turned to me for help. BTW, I scheduled an appointment for him to "hook" my car up.

8. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Seems like all these guys love wool pads

9. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

What other pad can you use on a dirty car and get scratches out and glaz and wax. It's the aio pad :)

10. RustyBumper

RustyBumper Jedi Nuba

I just came across this little gem of a video. In this video he's demonstrating the difference between Mother's clay and his $45 clay bar. If you take a good look at the paint, you'll notice two things. One, it appears that he's taped the hood in half with electrical tape and two, there's a big piece of a dark contaminant on the hood. Fast forward to about 2:58-2:59 of the video and look real closely at the piece of clay that he's about to put on the paint. The huge dark piece of contaminant is now on embedded in the clay and he's about to drag it all over the paint. I had to stop watching it at this point. YouTube - Mothers clay bar kit (HOW GOOD IS IT???)

Edit: I thought that we could now post/embed links to Youtube on DB? Why don't they work?

11. I wish they would appear. I could watch this kinda stuff 24/7 :chips:

12. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I think the Youtube user has embedding blocked. Just double click on them and they will open and play on the regular Youtube page.

I think he does use his trusty ole applicator for everything. He's quite liberal with his product as well. I'd venture to say he uses that same wool pad for everything.

13. Chris@Optimum

Chris@Optimum DB Certified Manufacturer

OMG! I hadn't seen the "Credit Card" clay test technique before! You guys been holding out, everyone does this but me, right?

14. Chineseguy

Chineseguy Birth of a Detailer

The clay bar guy has alot of subscribers

15. RNickolas

probably all the real detailers looking for laughs!

btw his video on the clay bars is ridiculous oh i have an idea lets compare an aggressive clay bar and compare it to a consumer grade mild clay and see who removes more contaminants

dumb!

16. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I do too. Love my wool pads. So quick at removing defects, and don't heat up the surface like foam pads do. They also do a good job at leveling the paint. Hell, if you have to follow up with a refining step anyways, why not?

17. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

He's also not lying about the $45 clay bar. That's what Carquest charges for a bar of Clay Magic red. He is, however, an idiot for paying that much for it.

Of course CM red is going to remove stuff faster tham mother's. He isn't comparing products of similar claimed aggressiveness. You are going to have to polish after using CM red to get rid of the marring, where you should not have to after using Mother's clay.

Pisses me off that i cannot add a comment to the youtube page. What a douche.

18. RNickolas

Yeah I agree I wish he had the comments enabled

19. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

he used to back in the day but he got flamed so badly for his hack techniques that he took them off. thats why you'll hear him say "oh my competition says im crazy and doing it wrong..."

20. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba