Anyone own or used this blower from CG?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by stingray23, Apr 5, 2011.

1. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

I'm looking into drying my cars easier and a lot quicker. I've heard of a lot guys using leaf blowers. I found one on the Chemical Guys website. What do you guys think?

ELECTRIC BLOWER JETSPEED DRYER BLOW DRYER

2. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have been considering the CG blower or this since I get two uses out of it. Right now I am using my craftsman electric blower its a bit old but still works I just want something with a bit more power and that doesn't weight as much.

watch the video demo.
    Shop Kobalt 5-Gallon 5 HP Shop Vacuum at Lowes.com

3. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

4. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

5. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

6. TLMitchell

TLMitchell Birth of a Detailer

A shop vacuum with removable blower gets my vote over a dedicated blower. You'll get a lot more use for the money spent. I've been using my 12 gallon wet/dry Shop Vac for almost 20 years, most of it's use is for blowing water off cars & bikes. Kinda handy when I need to vac or extract too. Pretty good return on investment for a sub-$100 purchase.

TL

7. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I think it comes down to how much you want to spend and how much of an aid you want the blower to be in drying. Whole panels? cracks emblems? I use ONR most of the time so I don't need a blower to dry the larger surfaces, just the cracks, emblems, and door jams. For this I use my air compressor. You might want to look into a "smaller" air compressor if you have other things you could use it for (compressing out interiors, filling up tires, etc.) Obviously if your looking for a blower to dry whole panels, an air compressor might not do the trick.

Also like the suggestion of using a shop vac with blower feature, I have the rigid and use the blower on it sometimes but i usually just go grab the compressor for some reason.

8. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I was considering buying that one on CG's site too. But I already got the Metro vac n blo.

9. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Do you not like the vac n blow does it not dry the vehicle well?

10. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

Do you not like the vac n blow does it not dry the vehicle well?

11. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I love the Metro vac n blo. It dries a whole vehicle quickly and with ease. I usually use it right after a wash. Then I pat dry with a CG Miracle Dryer towel and Slick :thumb:

12. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

My Husqvarna backpack leaf blower does wonders ... lol. it takes me a minute to dry any car. I only use half of the attachments. I also use it to clear snow. The best money I have ever spent on a garden tool.

13. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I have a brand new Stil professional backpack blower but the gas and oil mix when burned leaves a residue on my paint so I dont use it any more. At least not for drying my black vehicles.

14. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

Hi guys,
    I've said it before and I'll say it again.. My favorite detailing tool is the sidekick. I never use a towel and I dont have a single sleak on either car. My SRX takes 15 minutes to dry. The 911, forget about it. It only takes 5 minutes. And best off, no runs later on.
    If the beads are not racing acrossed the car, then I know its time for a clay or a re-application of LSP.

It is going to keep my cars looking newer for a longer period of time - and - it will save my paint for years to come because I will be polishing a LOT less often.

Metro Side Kick. A must have. When it dies, I'll buy another one. Another thing to consider, its very small and lightweight (almost like a big beer-mug) and never touches the car. I am little clumsy sometimes and I can see me knocking into the car with a bigger unit like the CG...

Just my .02 and I hope I helped.

Joe D.

15. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

I like my stihl blower, it gets the job done extremely quick, I never tried it for clearing snow, thanks for the tip. I also don't like the idea of taking out and wrapping up another extension cord for electric units, but that's personal preference

16. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Danny ... I suggest you buy this amsoil oil mix ...AMSOIL - Saber. I use it at 50:1 and it doesn't smoke and it's literally odorless. My amsoil dealer is from TX and I'll give you the contact info so he can hook you up. This oil mix is synthetic and IIRC it also contains fuel stabilizer. I use Mobil 1 for my cars, but for all my lawn equipment engines, amsoil is the way to go.

17. tpr676

tpr676 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

My Craftsman electric leaf blower is 12 Amps compare to 5 Amps I paid like $57 it has 2 speeds and it cranks.

18. Rcrew

Rcrew Wax on..Wax off

I've been using the Air Wand for years, it is fantastic. It basically pairs a powerful leaf blower motor with a custom made blower attachment that releases air over a 15" span as opposed to one central point of release like most attachments. Check it out!
    (website is a bit hokey but the product works well)

Air Wand

Plus if you already have the blower with correct threading/diameter, you would only need to buy the attachment. Otherwise I think the whole setup is about $100.

19. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Still looking for one? I might have one in my basement.