Anyone have Hi-Temp Molding and Bumper Renewer?

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by J BELL, Oct 15, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Looking for a sample before i buy a big 32 oz bottle....anybody? And you know that i have stuff for trade haha :)

2. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I've never heard of it but good luck finding a trader Jordan.

3. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I have some if you are interested. I'd be willing to part with about 8 oz. or so.

Honestly though, the 32 oz. only costs $11 (IIRC) or so on TOL, it might be a better deal just to buy that.

4. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Good lookin out, i couldnt remember how much it was...i just didnt want to use it one time and then never touch it again...the last thing i need is another one of "those" haha....well could you shed some light on how you like it?

5. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I have heard great things about it. I will be geting some my next order

6. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I got a sample from Hi Temp this summer to try out....its a real nice product...and it really last on rubber and trim....well worth the buy..I will get a 32oz bottle come spring....it has a grape smell to it..sorta reminds me of the grape tire dressing smell...

it does bring trim back nicely..and its very detergent resistant...I found that 2 applications a day apart works great..really lasts this way on trim

AL

7. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

I see that you are from MA. Me too. I'm in North Attleboro. Where are you???

8. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

I am from Brimfield.....out near Sturbridge Village

Al

9. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I like it. I think the most important part of getting trim to look good is cleaning it first, I use GR-40 for this (also at TOL). When used over uncleaned trim, it will last only a few weeks, however when the trim is properly cleaned it can last up to a few months (IME).

It is a pretty oily dressing, but it isn't too much of a PITA to get it off paint. It will do a decent job restoring older trim. I haven't noticed any running, either. It isn't greasy looking, but it will definitely make the trim look like there is some sort of product on there (ie. bright shine).

BTW, if you do get it from TOL, try out Hi-Temp's Tire Cleaner, cheap, dilutes 1:1 and will clean tires and wells like no other.