Anyone find a brush that bends?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, Jun 24, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

To be able to get behind spokes...that seems to me like a problem area..i want 100% clean...i use the EZ brush for the width of the wheel...what are you guys using?

2. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

I bought a bunch of the Black Magic Wheel brushes from Big Lots and I bend them at 90 degrees just for getting behind the spokes.

3. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Hmm, at this point in time I'm stuck with using MF towels for behind spokes. Those foam finger pockets may be better. I'm still wondering if there is anything better out there short of removing the wheels.

All together, I think it might be faster to just remove the wheels and really get into the wheels and wheel wells. I always do that with my car but not so sure I'd do that with client cars.

4. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

the ez will bend.

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

The EZ is a tad long for the smaller wheels Bryan. I think something ideal would be like the wool brushes that Carlos uses but are pliable.

6. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Exactly Denzil, thats kinda what im thinking in my head..although i was at ADS website and saw something promising....

SM Arnold Wheel Spoke Brush

7. Cooter

Cooter Guest

8. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I pretty much have one exactly like that J, except that my handle is slightly different. :giggle:

FWIW, that brush flexes just as much as the EZ does. I actually found that brush to do a much better job at cleaning behind the wheels but not necessarily right behind the spokes.

9. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I have a 5 spoke wheel on a ford truck so its not like a BMW or anything like that it just really irritates the hell out of me cuz i cant get back there even at a weird angle with the EZ brush...how much can you bend the EZ brush, i dont want to actually try it right now and split it into two pieces!

10. jthad

jthad Virgin Detailer

Autozone sells a brush similar to the one referenced by Cooter. I bought one yesterday for under 5 bucks, but I haven't tried it out yet.

11. sumdetailer

sumdetailer Birth of a Detailer

Why not pull the wheel off? I know it take a bit longer, but you will get it perfect then.

12. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Ive bent my EZ brush past 90* and its never broke on me....

13. advs1

advs1 DB Forum Supporter

+1 take the wheels off, clean then coat with a good wheel wax to help make it easier next time

14. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i hate wheel brushes with metal wire.. i always scratched my e34 540's wheels when using any type of wire brush... i use a swissvax wheel brush and by far its the best i have used.. it doesn't break at all like the one from zymol and if you buy 2 you could break the wooden stick and just use the brush end to get behind the wheels... i would do that and just buy 2.. it feels like i can d over 100 cars with the SV brush!!