anyone ever use PB wheel sealant on paint?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Max405, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I just detailed my car, (3rd coat of Swissvax in 6 weeks, trying to turn my C2 into a widebody :giggle:). After I sealed the wheels with PoorBoys Wheel sealant (the pink stuff) i looked at my finger nails and they looked like I chrew nail polish on them. Shiney as all hell. Then it dawned on me, "has anybody ever used this stuff on the exterior paintwork". What it does to my wheels is extraordinary. Maybe its a good winter coat for a Daily driver?

Any thoughts?

BTW, I am loving the Zuffenhausen now. The Glasur may be in the launched position in a couple of days. We'll see. Not sheeting as nice as the Swissvax.

Joe D.

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

That's an interesting idea. It should be the same as a regular paint sealant or synthetic wax.

3. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

ive always wondered this too

surely if you can use wheel waxes on clear coated wheels you can also use them on clear coated paint

but theres got to be something missing, if only looking at the price difference bw a wheel wax and good carnauba

give it a go and let us know

4. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have thought about this too ... especially after applying 2 OS coats before 2 PB Wheel Sealant coats on my rims.

5. 02blackout

02blackout DB Forum Supporter

I've used CG Ezyme on my wheels (they are painted black and clearcoated) and they shine in excess.
    I say go for it :)

6. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I never mentioned it online because I didn't want to catch flack, but I had been applying PB Wheel Sealant to the lower panels of my mom's LS430 a few times to test it out and found that it left a great shine and was far easier to clean than any of the waxes or sealants I had used previously. I also am testing Planet Polish WS+S on the roof of my dad's RX400 and thought that it left a super slick shine. It also has some cleaners and a slight filling effect too but it did not darken the paint and was just as easy to use as on the wheels.

My feeling is that if they are able to be applied to paint on any standard wheel, then they are perfectly adequate to be applied on the body of a car. PB's really brought out the flake as well, both have cleaning ability.

7. Max405

Max405 DB Forum Supporter

I am thinking I am going to give it a wack in the winter. I am just amazed by the difference in the way it makes the wheels look. I'll post up some comments when I try it on my dd in the winter.

Thanks guys! Joe D.