Anyone else looking forward to

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by kdude, Dec 31, 2010.

1. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

2. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

if and only if these pads are cheap in the long run lol

3. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

I doubt it... LC is pitching it as a time saving unit which really means if there saving you time your going to PAY :) ....

Still like the idea of 1 time use.. for as often as i detail my cars ..

another good point is avoiding "cross contamination" ...

Just a side note... did you work on your rims yet ? Looking forward to a review after your done.

4. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

Seems like a huge waste, not to mention how enviromently unfriendly it is.

5. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I actually LIKE cleaning my pads, call me crazy, but that's like the REAL last step process to a complete detail in my mind :p There's just something soothing about it. You get some time alone on top of a bucket reflecting on the job you just finished. (No pun intended)

I would like to see the price and try them out though.

6. junebug

junebug Jedi Nuba

Proper Auto Care has them - but, I'll pass. Seems like a bigs waste to me. Only thing I use once and toss is a jimmie-cap.

7. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

Huge waste of money IMO. That and its not green at all. LC should have done a study BEFORE putting the time and effort into this system.

8. barrym

barrym DB Forum Supporter

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

doesnt seem very cost effective considering how many pads ill go through doing one car, which at times can be quite a few. i just dont think i could stand to use a pad once, then throw it out. what are they, at least like 7inches or something? too big for my liking as well.

and realistically it doesnt take much time for me to clean my pads. i just fill a large plastic storage tote with citrus degreaser and/or some snappy pad cleaner, and let the pads soak for a day or so. wring them out, and then flush them with water again.

10. kdude

kdude Jedi Nuba

By the reaction I guess these pads won't be selling too well....

Just checked the linky ...

The pads are expensive...
    Didn't realize they only make one size.. i also do not like to use a 7" pad

Guess i'm going to stick with the old style pads until there are some changes..

11. zliegen

zliegen Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Cleaning pads isn't even difficult with snappy pad cleaner or equivalent citrus powder cleaner. I just throw my pads into a bucket with that stuff as soon as I'm done using the pad (if you wait for the products to dry on the pad its much harder to clean them) and come back whenever I feel like not being lazy and squeeze em in the bucket a few times to rinse them out and they're always clean.

12. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I'm with everyone else. Big waste of money.

13. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

The flexible backing plate seems like a good design, but the cost of entry to the ‘system’ is 40 USD and approx 6 USD per pad, for a specific range of thin foam and some wool pads.

14. Bunky

Bunky Guest

In Europe and Asia-Pacific, it will likely be even higher.

15. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

It looks like and interesting system. But the single use is a big flag. If the pads cost like 3 bucks for a pack of 10 maybe. I think as far as having a smaller size setup. They are looking at that you can use the side of the pads to tackle most of that. At least thats my thought on it.

16. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I like the BP and the look of the pads but a one time use seems like a huge waste to me

17. billy

billy Obsessive Detailer

Cant seem how to justify the $$ for a single use pads !
    will wait for the future reviews but i have to admit that the BP seems to have a great design but then again U$40.00:yikes: