anybody own an ozone machine (air scrubber)?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by artemis53, Nov 18, 2011.

1. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

Like the title asks, does anybody own an actual ozone machine? I know they work well for homes, etc, and the ozone sprays work well in cars, but has anyone used a machine and pumped ozone into a car?

If so, what is your opinion on it? I see many machines for around $100, worth it?

2. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

3. TheStu

TheStu Virgin Detailer

I work at a BMW dealer and we have an ozone machine. Personally I hate it. It does work well to get rid of cigarette smoke odor and such, but the odor it leaves behind isn't so hot either. We recently used an Auto Vaccine kit which I personally preferred. We used it on an X6 and after airing it out, there was a very very faint chlorine smell, it reminded me of a pool or hot tub or something. Much better than the crappy ozone smell.

But I do have to admit, both got rid of the cigarette odors in the cars.

4. Berscht

Berscht Jedi Nuba

+1 on the auto vaccine

5. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

We just got in a new product and it sounds very similar to the Auto Vaccine. I had a clients Merc in the shop that he smoked cigars in. We put one of these tins in the car for just under 2 hours and it completely wiped out the smell. It does have a chlorine/bleach smell but after airing out, it was completely gone. Works way better and faster than an ozone machine. Retail on them is only $20. Great product.

6. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

i have tried a few items, DrivePur, SoPure, ozone machines. I haven't heard of the auto vaccine, i will need to give that a go. The Sopure and drivepur work well and continue working after the car leaves our hands

7. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Sounds interesting Ken

8. krazyhigh

krazyhigh Virgin Detailer

i have used an ozone machine many times...i love it. i detail the whole inside... crank up the ozone then work on paint corrections while it runs. after a few hours i go back in side and wash all the windows. i have found that it will leave a white residue on windows and sometimes on leather. after leaving the doors open for a hour or so the smell of ozone is gone as well as smoke smells milk and even dog smells. i have even used it while the engine is running and the climate controls are turn to floor and defrost. it recirculates the ozone threw the vents and over the car's evaporator which can develop musty smells. takes it right out. i think it is worth it. only down side is how do you charge for it...most people think that when a car is detailed that the cleaner smell is a good enough cover....i have sold it to a guy that had a older car that was stored with mothballs. whole car wreck of em but after a 12 hour ozone treatment 95% of the smell was gone and he was happy. it not only takes out smells but kills mold mildews and bacteria i heard and i believe to be true. good luck on what ever you decide