anybody got some tips for a newb??/

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by applywaxhere, Oct 26, 2012.

1. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

I live in oregon and i want to get my car ready for winter...What do i need to do?

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

is the car garaged at home?
    Is it a daily driver?
    what is the condition of the car now?
    did you want to correct the paint, or just winterize?

basically you will want a good sealant, wax or combination of both, or depending on your skill level a nano coating like Wolf's hard body, the skill is not in the application, it is in the prep work as nano coatings are semi permanent, too permanent.

In my case, for my truck as we have mild winters, but It gets parked outside now.

Pre soaked with Zeps citrus degreaser body, fenders, wheels and tires
    Washed with Dawn dish soap to break up and strip the rest of the dirt, grime and prior application of wax
    Applied two coats of sealant
    waiting for the aquapel to arrive to treat my windows.

I did not need to clay bar the truck as it was clay barred 3 monthes ago and the truck has been sitting in the garage mostly. Your needs may vary.

Others will chime in, and give you more options and ideas. Mine was pretty basic

3. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

I park on the street cuz i rent and I just wanna get it ready for winter...there is alot of swirls but I dont have a buffer. my knowledge of car wash products goes as far as what wally world has like meguairs and zymol stuff

4. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

Post up some pics bro. I love si's. lol and there are a lot better products here at detailers domain then at auto stores. I'm sure you will learn fast. But yeah post up some pics man.

5. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

**** that was a mish...couldnt figure out how to put pic from my computer to here

[​IMG]

6. chemgys99

Yeah tht can be a bitch. Lol so have you always lived in Oregon? I here they have so awesome civic clubs out that way. You apart of one?

7. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

born an raised....no i hate the honda clubs cuz most of the peeps in them got a stick up there ass...too much drama

8. chemgys99

Yeah I here. Ya bud. So you on any other forums in detailing? There are tons. LoL
    but for silver I would check into chemical guys products. They are cheap and work well. Also they are pretty close to your area.

9. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

nope this is it. just looked at there site and didnt even know where to start.could u suggest some stuff

10. chemgys99

Absolutely. I actually looking to sell a ton of stuff soon on here. Ill be selling them more then half price so you can get a great deal. Plus ill hook you up because being a newb can be hard getting everything at once.

What type of mods are on your si? And what brand of wheels are they? Sorry I'm a huge Honda fan. Lol

11. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

I bought it with the xxr rims. the old owner put some springs on it. thats all. i only bought it cuz i crashed my stealth TT. didnt like the civic at first cuz its slow but its grown on me.

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Awww yeah civic si! Honda's are sweet if modded properly. You can achieve tons of power all while still getting 25 mpg LoL. Any mods done to the car or any future plans of mods you want to do? Sorry to go off topic.

13. chemgys99

Yeah sry bout that. But we love civics. Those rims look like stock si rims powder coated tho.

14. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

nah no plans it....just a dd. im looking for another dodge stealth rt. nothing ive driven has compared to it. the only mod i did to that was exaust, springs, and rims. i dont know i just dont like the feel of hondas...never have. ill end up selling this when i find my stealth i got some pics of my old one

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. chemgys99

Wow looks like that was detailed before. Who was your professional detailer? (Because youre new to this)

16. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

what are those saleen rims?

17. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

local war wash has a shop

18. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

yea....good eye

19. applywaxhere

applywaxhere Banned

my prob is the shit the shop does dont last...2 weeks later my car looked like crap again and the swirls came back

20. chemgys99

Name of the car wash? That was clearly polished with a buffer. Just curious. I know a guy out your way who does detailing. Just seeing if its him.