Any ebay microfiber towels?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Lito, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Lito

Lito Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi!

Just a quick question...

Are there any MF towels in ebay that might work?

I ask for two reasons... first, there are a lot of korean/chinesse MF on ebay... and AFAIK Cobra MF's are either from China or Korea.

Second, Stocktowelsnow.com is down (or at least for me) and i can't order those now :s

And of course the obvious reason: save money.

Thank You!

Lito

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

3. Lito

Thank you!!!

Those look like uber "no name" towels!!

have you by any chance tried the clay bar they sell??? i think it wont be any good, but i also think i should give it a try!

4. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

interesting thread. you guys have purchased from stocktowels? How is the quality?

5. dschia

dschia Jedi Nuba

Overall good towels except for the WW, feel soft initially but gets way too rough after some uses.

6. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

i hated every towel from stocktowelsnow anyway . WW doesnt absorb anything and rough and the super towel is rough and doesnt absorb as well + marrs the paint .The link looks like no names but def much thinner so they are not the same . I dedicated my super towls to wheel wells

7. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Birth of a Detailer

Stocktowels is back up .
    I spoke to him yesterday, they had trouble with their host.
    Their towels are great, like I posted before they are them same as the high end ones people sell I have had no problem with the WW ones
    They will send you a free sample. Bob

8. Lito

yeah i notice that!

I was on DW the other day... and the guys there say that the turtle wax Drying towel WW is great and it outperforms a sonus der wunder towels! anyone have experienced that?? how about the size 20"x33" i think... how many will i need?? i wash 2-3 car a week.

Also checked the viking MF WW drying towel... its 9 sqft.. any input on that one? Ive read here that the Viking detailing MF is great kinda like CG Sasquatch or something like that

9. Lito

forgot to add, should i stick with WW when drying or is it ok to get the larger heavier MFs?

10. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Great towels at great prices. I have gotten a few towels from them and are very pleased with the quality.

11. metsfan

i personally think stocktowelsnow towels are garbage . They hold up well but are rough, stain and no where near most other places . i initially though i got bad ones but purchased some mor and same thing . There ww doesnt absorb whatsoever and feels like red autozone rags and their supertowel feels like a rough dollar store dish towel . Btw they are the same towel as cg monster . I got some monsters and they even had the supertowel tag on it . To those that like them ,have you tried towels from pakshak or ragshack ? To me there is no comparison in quality .Id take the chaep autozone micros over stocktowels .

12. daveinsweethome

daveinsweethome DB Forum Supporter

i followed the lead of my brothers in arms and bought pak shak , ragshak and some 530s from ken at autowerks. all are top quality. especially like the ragshak ones. gladiator is an excellent finishing lsp towel and kens 530s work great at polish removal. my 2 cents worth.

13. marq.fcb

marq.fcb Any Rag Vehicle Washer

14. Lito

Those are the same as stocktowelsnow.com heavy MFs i bet they are nice.

I'll try

-Viking detail towels (CG Sasquatch)
    -Viking Gold drying towels
    -Stocktowelsnow.com heavy towels (16"x24")
    -Eurow Double density MF's
    -Turtle wax ICE WW (the guys @ DW.com love them!!)

and something else for LSP removal maybe heavy towels in different colors or something.

15. metsfan

+ 1 Gladiators are the nicest towels hands down .

16. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I ordered a sample WW towel from stocktowels and was definitely not pleased at how "soft" they were. They were actually fairly rough in comparison to either of the PakShak WW towels. I still strongly believe that the PakShak towels are the best microfiber towels hands down. However, I still have yet to try the ShowroomFX WWs still.