Any CG Glosswworkz Reviews?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Emile, May 11, 2010.

1. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Hey,

Does anybody have any CG Glossworkz official reviews now that it has been out for some time now?

I only have a 16oz bottle and have yet to try it but directions say dilute 640:1 (1oz per 4-5 gallons of water).

Does it provide good cleaning at this strength? Does it really give some decent wax protection and looks? Will it strip anything to go 2-3 ounces?

Thanks,
    Emile

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I know there is one formal review. I have used it a few times and like it. I use about 1oz/3.5 gallons of water (I normally only use 3.5 gallons of water so I just put a oz in).

I think it has some decent cleaning ability, used uber sponge, and has nice lubrication. I do not think it will strip LSP if you go higher in the concentration, as for protection I can say it does leave something behind as it does alter the looks of the paint and makes it like it was just QD. This does not just wash off after a rain so I do think it puts down something.

Give it a wirl, I think you will enjoy it.

3. Emile

Sweet thanks, Ankeet. I'm not totally satisfied with the new Meg's Ultimate Wash & Wax so I'm looking for a new wash/wax soap. Best ones I've tried so far are PB Super Slick & Wax & Dodo Sour Power.

4. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

when i first used it at the recommended dilution ratio, i didn't really like it. bumped it up to 2oz for 5gals and i loved it! the higher concentration didn't seem to affect my LSP either.

5. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I also own a gallon of it and I really like it. It's a really nice soap and 1oz is all you need. It doesn't create a lot of studs, but it has good lubricity. Like Ankeet said, it leaves something behind that lasts a few weeks. I washed my car (non-metallic black) with Glossworkz and then gave it an AW wipedown ... all I can say is that I have never seen my car looking so wet only after a wash and wipedown.

Give it a try ... let us know if you like it or not.

6. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

No wax in the shampoo. It contains polymers that make your paint look QD'd, but without the slickness left afterwards. I use 1oz to 5 gallons and find it slick enough. Im a big fan! Im completely unbiased to CG, but honestly, this is the best purchase in car shampoo I made so far. Everything else was OTC, but hands down this kills it!

I had a write-up of observation, but it was rough and quick.

7. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

I really wish they would revamp their shampoo sizes. If you want more than 16ounces you have to either buy multiple bottles or the 1 gallon size which is more than I really want. A 64 ounce battle would be nice.
    I probably will end up getting the gallon bottle though. It's that nice a shampoo. Nice smell too,kinda like watermelon.

8. metsfan

metsfan Birth of a Detailer

i love this stuff . Smells great and like said it leaves your car looking wet .

9. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

where did you folks scoop this up at? I have only heard of this stuff but have never really got heavy into looking for it.

10. metsfan

they have it at DI

11. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

how does it compare to opt car wash?

12. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

any place else? It's to expensive to ship from them. They only offer FedEx and to Hawaii it isn't cheap.

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I think your best bet is to get it directly from CG's.

14. metsfan

You can place a order through cg over the phone since they dont list it . i have both opt wash and glossworks . opt has a little more foam but imo glossworks smells better ,maybe slightly better lubricity and leaves the car looking shiny for about a week . So imo i like glossworks better . Both are good though

15. Emile

I used this shampoo today. Used around 3-4 oz for 4 gallons of water (wanted to see what it was like at a strong ratio) and it was quite nice. Plenty of suds, good cleaning, and left the car looking clean and glossy. I wasn't sure if the beading after the wash was due to the Glossworkz or the Optimum Car Wax currently on my father's car, but certainly restored the gloss quite nicely. I saw no polymer coating while rinsing the soap/water off the vehicle and I was just using regular hose water w/firehose nozzle.

This is purely speculation on my part but I really think this product truly is pH neutral... the suds were dwelling on the paint for sooo long, and it rinsed off so nicely at the end...washed the entire car at once and then rinsed everything off. Even though some of the suds were completely dried up, it rinsed off nice and clean.

Overall a really nice wash soap! :thumb:

16. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

i'll need to look into it or maybe i can even get it locally.

17. luke093

luke093 Welcome to Detailing

THATS WACK! Thats a high ratio. I never went that high, but it doesnt leave beading (maybe just a QD-like sheeting effect for a few days) but yeah! This stuff is seriously gentle. Its really extending the time my waxes lasted. One thing (non-related) is the Lusso Oro durability on flat panels is really good! But near the bottom of the car it sucks! I mean every wax I tried sheets water (somewhat) after 2-3 weeks, which is unacceptable for me. The quest continues! (But maybe I should start using a sealant for the bottom portion.

REGARDLESS, I just came back from washing the car, and every time I complete the drying I am blown away as it looks like a just waxed/QD finished look on the paint. Sometimes (like today) I felt no need to wax it- although the bottom should be done, just did spray sealant on that portion. If you use a pressure washer, or even a fireman nozzle, the suds that are made are crazy! and they last on the paintwork, and rinse effortlessly.

Luckily I got a gallon and washing weekly will take a year to finish with two cars, so I'll have some left for next year, but no doubt I'm going for another gallon when the time comes! + CG Citrus Wash and Clear for striping everything.

Sorry about the rant :p