Another new product on the way...Ace Powerstick

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Mar 31, 2008.

1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Okay everyone I know these are expensive but they do the job and I have heard they do a good job from some of my pro guys.

I will be getting my set in by Tuesday and I will start to demo them and do a short write up.

Of course I will run a nice sale /gb if we do carry them.

Here is some info.....

INTRO per the ACE Powerstick site

We would like to introduce you to the ACE PowerStick automobile wheel cleaner. It’s simply the best device on the market to clean the inside edge of your automobile wheel without having to remove it from the car. This is a product we invented, manufacture and now distribute worldwide. The inspiration to invent the PowerStick was based on the founder
    s own obsession to clean the inside of his wheels without having to remove them from the car, which he actually did! We found that the majority of wheel cleaning brushes on the market today are twisted wire brushes. These brushes tend to be abrasive and should the twisted wire touch the edge of the wheel, it will surely damage it, plus they were too short to reach into a deep wheel. The standard method to use a twisted wire wheel brush was manually using an “in and out” motion. We experienced that during the out motion, the bristles snap back at you and spray you with the dirty water. With the
    PowerStick, since it is attached to a drill, the rotating motion of the cleaning fabric rotates within the wheel, keeping the user clean. It’s simply an easier, more effective way to clean a wheel.

Hundreds of hours were spent on developing the ACE PowerStick product line. A large portion of the PowerStick’s research and development time was spent locating the best components to produce it. The rods we use are thin enough to fit into any wheel, yet made of high density plastic that is extremely strong under stress. The outer surface of the rods are smooth and will not damage the wheel should it come in contact with it. The super-soft cleaning fabric, threaded through the rod, was developed for the car wash industry. It is extremely soft, very durable and will never damage a wheel under any circumstances. The PowerStick’s materials aren’t the only things that make it unique, its fabrication is as well. Our patent pending design encompasses [hand] threading the super-soft fabric through precisely positioned [hand] drilled holes in the rod. Although the PowerSticks seems to be somewhat simple, they are tedious to make, time consuming to produce and are made one at a time. Each PowerStick is completely hand made in the U.S.A. by our own team of certified Ace PowerStick engineers.

A great deal of time was also spent developing the most effective designs and sizes. There are 12 versions. They all work wonderfully, but differ from one another allowing the user to select the appropriate size(s) to clean any wheel quickly and thoroughly. Please visit our Models and Videos pages for detailed information on which PowerSticks work best in various applications.
    [​IMG]
    http://www.acepowerstick.com/Intro_%26_History_files/IMG_0242.jpg[IMG]

Detailed Description:
    Cleaning the face of an automobile wheel is only half the job. Not only does brake dust and road grime accumulate on the face of the wheel, it collects on the inside of the wheel where it can permanently etch the wheel finish. Other then removing the wheel from your vehicle, there has been no easy way to access and clean the inner surface of your wheel, especially a deep wheel...Until Now! The Ace PowerStick is the most innovative wheel cleaning device ever made. It works amazingly well! Years of research were spent locating the optimum components for the PowerStick and designing 10 distinctive sizes that will clean any size wheel, regardless of how much space exists between the inner wheel surface and the brake disc or caliper. The Ace PowerStick’s unique patent pending design easily allows you to clean the backside of a wheel where your hands can not reach.

The Ace PowerStick is designed to be used with a cordless drill (not included). Simply insert the PowerStick into the drill, dip the PowerStick into a bucket of soapy water, apply the super-soft fabric to the wheel surface, engage the drill and allow the friction of the PowerStick’s super-soft cloth to gently scrub away any brake dust and debris, clear to the back of the wheel. If your wheels are super dirty, you may use your favorite wheel cleaning chemicals with the PowerStick. The PowerStick will not fade or corrode when used with any brand of wheel cleaner. Each Ace PowerStick is hand made in the U.S.A. and is constructed of the highest quality materials.

The Ace PowerStick comes in 10 different sizes. They vary in size by rod length, rod diameter, and by the super-soft fabrics width and length. Choosing the right one or combination of a few will give you the best results. They are all quite long and capable of reaching to the back of any wide wheel, ensuring that the drill chuck steers clear of your wheel. The reason we made them in 10 sizes was because of the limited space between the inner wheel surface and the brake disc and/or caliper. The key was to design perfect size PowerSticks that will not bind up when working in tight areas. Generally, it’s the caliper that is closer to the wheel surface than the brake disc. For example, we have found that many wheels have
    substantial space between the inner wheel surface and brake disc to use Ace PowerStick model #301, #302, #303 or #304. But there generally is less space between the caliper and the inner wheel surface and therefore we use either a model #102, #103, #201 or #203 to access these tighter spots. If you only wanted to use a PowerStick from the 300 series, you can... but you would have to roll the car forward/backward to expose the area behind the caliper so that area is positioned between the wheel and brake disc allowing for the larger PowerStick to fit comfortably. Model #102, #103 #201 or #203 will all work on tighter spots because the rods are narrower and the width of the fabric is a bit narrower than those on the 300 series PowerSticks. However, it takes a bit longer to clean the wheel. The 300 series PowerSticks all have wider fabric and will clean a wheel faster then the 100 or 200 series models. For the best and quickest results, we suggest using a combination of a few different PowerSticks. On our “Models” page there is detailed explanation next to each PowerStick with suggestions on which PowerStick works best under certain circumstances. On our “Video Demos” page there is a tutorial video explaining which PowerStick works best in various applications. You will find that all your questions will be answered, regarding which PowerSticks are the best for you, once you reviewed the “Models and Video Demos” pages.
    [IMG]http://www.acepowerstick.com/Detailed_Description_files/IMG_0001_3.jpg
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ace PowerStick Pro-Line

ACE PowerStick 2008

Model #401 is 14” in length and manufactured on a 1/4” diameter rod, the thinest rod in the PowerStick family. It’s threaded with of 6” with super-soft fabric which is 1/4” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 2 3/4” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is best for wheels that have about 3/8” between the inner wheel surface and brake disc or caliper and was designed for quickly cleaning a wheel where the brake disc or caliper are very close to the inner wheel surface, but a long PowerStick reach is required.

Model #P401
    [​IMG]
    Model #P501
    [​IMG]
    Model #501 is 16” in length and manufactured on a 5/16” diameter rod. It’s threaded with 6” of super-soft fabric which is 5/16” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 2 13/16” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is made on a slightly sturdier rod them model #401, but requires a little more space between the brake disc or caliper and inner wheel surface for it to spin freely. It’s a great choice to clean in front of and then behind the brake disc or caliper without the super-soft fabric binding up underneath it. The longer 16” rod is a nice addition.

Model #P601
    [​IMG]
    Model #601 is 16” in length and manufactured on a 3/8” diameter rod. It’s threaded with of 9” of super-soft fabric which is 3/8” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 3 7/8” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is made on the sturdiest rod we offer, yet the super-soft fabric strips are thin enough to allow the model to work well in fairly tight spots. This is a great all-around model!

Model #P602
    [​IMG]
    Model #602 is 16” in length and manufactured on a 3/8” diameter rod. It’s threaded with 9” of super-soft fabric which is 1/2” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 3 7/8” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is made on the sturdiest rod we offer and has the largest width super-soft fabric. This is a great all-around model where you have 1” space or more between the brake disc or caliper and the inner wheel surface.

Model #603 is 16” in length and manufactured on a 3/8” diameter rod. It’s threaded with 6” of super-soft fabric which is 3/8” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 3 7/8” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is made on the sturdiest rod we offer and has a long reach. It’s a great model where you have a tight area between the brake disc or caliper and inner wheel surface but want a the sturdiest rod. With this model you can clean on each side of the brake disc or caliper without the super-soft fabric binding up under it.

Model #P603
    [​IMG]
    Model #P604
    [​IMG]
    Model #604 is 16” in length and manufactured on a 3/8” diameter rod. It’s threaded with 6” of super-soft fabric which is 1/2” in width. The diameter of the fabric measures 6 7/8” when the PowerStick is spinning. This model is made on the sturdiest rod we offer and has the largest width super-soft fabric and the biggest radius when spinning. It’s a great model where you need a long reach and have greater then 2” of clearance between the brake disc or caliper and inner wheel surface. Due to the large spinning radius of the super-soft fabric, this is a great model for reaching behind wide spokes on the wheel.

Pricing is $46-50 dollars each stick
    LMK what you think.

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I want!

3. detailersdomain

I will give you pricing shortly.

how many sets :)

4. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Looks great Phil. I'll have to get one soon!

5. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I'm in. Probably for two. A bigger one, and a smaller one. I have a couple cars to take care of that have very limited space between the caliper and the wheel.

6. detailersdomain

very cool I will make sure I update you my set came in today. I have to go pick them up.

7. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

how much?

8. detailersdomain

there are 6 different ones they range from $45 to $50 each.

I'm going to pick mine up from my office in a few and check them out.

Not sure maybe I'll do an intro price.

9. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I don't care what the price is, those looks VERY VERY cool!!!

Wonder how effective they are on very grimey wheels though, those look like some very soft fabrics on the stick.

10. Scott's Mobile Detailing

Scott's Mobile Detailing Welcome to Detailing

looks like a drive through car wash on a stick ;)

11. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I want one.

12. detailersdomain

I just got my set today. I will let you all know.

We will carry the 6 that are posted.

13. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

These look similar to the White Night PowerSticks that I've seen elsewhere. Always looked very interesting, but was never sure of cleaning ability deep within the rims. Right now I'm using a $2 toilet bowl brush (with soft bristles) to do the deep inside wheels manually with P21s wheel gel.

Phil - as others have stated, if these work to get the nasty stuff off on the inside as advertised, then I'm in for a couple, and I have a neighbor who would be in as well.

14. detailersdomain

used 1 on a Porsche today.

spritzed some P21S Wheel Cleaner Gel on the rims all 4 then went back with the ace powerstick (not sure of the number but I'll confirm tomorrow) and dewalt 12 volt and a bucket to rinse the ace powerstick. it cleaned up the inner wheels perfectly. This will save tons of time from taking the rims off to clean the inner wheels.

I think for sure you can use 2-3 different sticks depending on the wheel, the Porsche had stock turbo twist wheels. You would need one long enough to clean the inner wheel then a skinny one for the area by the brake caliper.

As for the face of the wheel the trusty boar's hair brush, and the lugs definitely the Swissvax wheel brush.

With this combo of brushes you will avoid taking the rims off (of course this would not be the case with rims that are super bad)

I will start to carry these once I figure out which ones we want.

Pro kit and the 6 listed for sure.

15. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Well, I guess I know where the proceeds from this weekend's detail are going to...

16. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Phil..what is the material used on the power stick...and will a lite acid cleaner decay them...right now I use a mini power ball to clean the barrels and the foam is not effected by any product so far...but these look interesting if the material is rugged enough to with stand high alkali and mild acid cleaners...

Al

17. detailersdomain

Here is the answer from the manufacturer:

. "The cleaning fabric used on the Ace PowerStick is a fairly rigid, dense, super-soft fabric that holds water and suds, but repels dirt. It can be used with your favorite car cleaning chemicals and will not deteriorate from them. The rods are made of a special high density material that will stand up to all car cleaning chemicals as well".

My thoughts is its very strong and rugged, the material holds up very well and picks up the dirt/brake dust however when rinsed in the bucket its like new again doesn't hold the dust in the material. Very cool.

From the looks of it they look fragile but not the case I was tugging on each piece of fabric and the didn't come off the stick.

18. detailersdomain

these are now up on the site. we should have our first shipment by end of this week.

19. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

This is my concern. Do they have any type of warranty? They are kinda pricey and if they were to wear out after a few sets of wheels I would be pretty pissed.

20. detailersdomain

just go the e-mail back they have not gotten one back or a complaint yet.

The only way the cloth material will come off is if you pull it out with pilers.

The only way the stick will snap or break is if you abuse it.

But they said any damage etc they will look at it and rectify the problem in a timely manner.