Another leaf blower thread (plus a new question)

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by newbie001, Mar 20, 2012.

1. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Has anybody tried this: http://airwand.com/default.htm ??

Looks like a great idea, I just wonder how well it really works.

I currently have a weak leafblower (Weed Eater: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YKQ9B8/ref=wms_ohs_product) and was hoping the airwand might help make it better for drying a car. The weed eater is fine, but it's really better at drying mirrors, crevices, etc... than my entire small SUV.

Alternatively, I may want to upgrade my leaf blower and wanted to know if anyone has a good recommendation on something less than $100 that is markedly better than the weed eater.

I know that most people will say these don't compare to a metro, and that's fine. I just need something to get most of the water off so I can either just leave it alone or perhaps go over it lightly/quickly with a towel. The weed eater just takes too long and I have to go almost inch by inch to move the water along.

2. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Go to ebay and get a refurbished Husqvarna hand held blower unit that retails for about 100 bucks and it's rated at 165mph (or something close to that). I bought a refurbished unit that didn't even get touched by the person that bought ... someone just returned it and they check and replace all wear items regardless of their condition. The unit didn't have a single scratch. I think the ebay seller is vmmotions or something like that. I have a backpack unit that is a little more expensive, but it works amazing (model 150BT).

3. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

o great, just bought the weed eater, guess it will just be collecting dust hahaha. Thought it was a good investment for $30....looks like ill be in need of something different :doh:

4. newbie001

newbie001 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks. That appears to be a gas powered. I should have mentioned that I'm only interested in an electric one.

Well, give it a try, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. I think the MPH and CFM is a bit lower than some other, slightly more expensive ones. I saw a Toro or Craftsman at Sears that was $60 and 235MPH with I think 360CFM. I feel like that might do a better job.