Ammo nyc?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by MINIz guy, Jul 7, 2012.

1. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

I've been watching Drive on Youtube and they have this new show called Drive Clean. The person they use works for AMMO NYC, which seems to be a detail shop. They also have their own product line. Anybody ever hear of them or use these products?

[video=youtube_share;fZUzvhhyGR8]http://youtu.be/fZUzvhhyGR8[/video]

http://www.ammonyc.com/

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Great videos and good info! Thanks for sharing.

3. nyrep1

nyrep1 Obsessive Detailer

yeah pretty cool ...the washing with the foamer and mit seems pretty cool

4. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Heard of him/seen the vid a long time ago :)

5. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

Larry is a friend of mine from my days back in NY. He used to own a small detailing shop in Westchester Co with Matt Farah (of Speed Channel and The Smoking Tire 'fame'). He's a good guy and knows his stuff. He takes care of a very famous and very private collection in NY.
    I'm one of the 'Drivers' on his website. Don't get any benefits from it. Just helping out a friend.

6. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Matt Farah used to "detail" cars? Would have never guessed lol

7. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

He was Larry's business partner. He did some hand washing of the cars, but any 'detailing' was done primarily by Larry and his employees. His outfit was called the New York Motor Club. Part carguy clubhouse, part car club, part automotive detailing business.

8. bonehead

bonehead Jedi Nuba

As you guessed, Matt isn't a 'detailing' guy. Think they got into that venture together because they were friends since they were kids.
    As an aside, NYMC organized some of the most badass car runs in NY/CT. There are a number of YT videos under "NYMC" or "New York Motor Club", some with Larry, Matt, and Mike Musto ('Big Muscle').

9. RefPerfection

RefPerfection Birth of a Detailer

Good deal. I'm on another forum Matt is active on, and I would have just never figured him to be a detail oriented guy in that regard. Too bad the show on Speed never took off. I enjoyed it as a raw car show with humor.

10. MINIz guy

MINIz guy Two Bucket System Washer

Really cool information guys! Nice to know how all these connections are made.