"Amazon" tax in California - Does this affect DD?

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by richguy66, Jun 30, 2011.

1. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

Since the law is going into effect tomorrow in California, I was wondering if DD would have to start collecting sales tax.

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I have not heard anything about this yet.

My accountant has not informed me.

Does Amazon have logistics in CA?

3. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

Amazon does not as far as I know have logistics in CA

4. richguy66

richguy66 DB Forum Supporter

I read a little more about the law and from what I can tell, I don't think it applies to DD, but don't quote me on that. What I interpret the measure to be is any online retailer with any type of affiliate or presence in California will have to collect sales tax.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

correct. that's why dell charges taxes

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Federal law says they only have to charge sales tax if they have a "physical" presence in the state they are operating. This and a slew of other illegal laws will be struck down in the courts ASAP. California and their backwards leadership have not read the constitution or the bill of rights recently and are passing all sorts of illegal laws from 2a violations, to tax code violations, similar laws have been struck down in other states. Companies like Walmart and Target are FOR "amazon tax" laws because they view business like amazon or Detailers Domain as anti business and anti competition since the buyers do not have to pay tax like they do when they buy from them. Besides California has ZERO jurisdiction when it comes to tax collection in other states, its a federal interstate commerce law that protects you from destructive laws like the "amazon tax"

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

those cocksuckers...

8. Kilo6_one

yeah........ what he said!

You have more rights if you are indigent, do not work, pay taxes, carry a stolen hand gun, steal, defraud welfare, pop kids out like puppies, sneak over the border and set up shop, then you do paying 75k in income tax a year. Its sickening, and on top of that they tax you for everything here, from 9% sales tax to "fees" which are another form of taxes. It is sick.

Case in point, the state sells 8 "assault type weapons" for every 10 made in the USA, they tack sales tax, and DROS fee, so BY 10am on any given day the state of California has made over 250k in DROS fees, Plus sales tax. and they still have 8 hours do go in a business day. It is truly sick.

Another case in point, I bought a handgun last week, out the door it was $590.00 my buddy who owns the gun shop made $35.00 in profit, and the state made $75.00 in tax; and now some Yahoo in the the sate legislature now wants a "yearly" registration "fee" on all privately owned guns..... something like $15.00 per gun per household and anything over 5 guns its a flat $1000.00 fee annually. Do the math, its somewhere close 1.5 Billion + year they could get in "fees" and our state is still bankrupt.......

7 out of 10 of the babies my wife delivers is either a product of a drug addict mother, illegal alien, or the mother had Zero insurance and no job and our state rewards these people with food stamps, welfare, subsidized childcare, AND picks up the $20-$30,000.00 delivery fee.

I think you get the picture, and they still want to charge out of state business like DD sales tax because of entitlements and public programs.......

Yes, I could go on.

9. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

Some states have challenged Amazon since Amazon have affiliates (they do not ship out of one location but from numerous locations) and some states challenge that is state presence.

I think that all internet sales should be taxed as if was as in state sales. It should either go to the seller's state or purchaser's state. This way it is a level playing ground for small businesses but I know I am a minority on this one.

10. Kilo6_one

Amazon has actually threatened to shut down affiliates or just no longer have hubs in that state when they are threatened.

How does taxing internet sales level the playing field? IMO its anti business, especially for small business, that cannot adjust the "product" price to compete with say Walmart, or Bass Pro Shops etc. etc. sometimes for small business, the only leverage they have is to be "tax free" and have low shipping, and sometimes that is not enough. I'm for taxes, its the waste that the government funds that pisses me off, and the cavalier attitude they have towards the tax payers..... a penny here a dime there, it adds up and its funding a bloated system.

also, Id like to see California's state board of equalization try to force someone in New Jersey to pay them California 9% sales tax, I'd tell them to go pound sand.

11. uzj100

uzj100 Jedi Nuba

+1000. Just another way for this state (CA) to bring in added revenue to hand out for entitlements

12. Kilo6_one

Im already looking at buying a house in Portland Oregon in the next year so i have a egress plan........ LOL

13. Frankastic

Frankastic Detail Photographer

californ IA must suck!

14. TLcoats

TLcoats Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Pure honesty and truth right here!

It's absolutely disgusting with what's ACTUALLY going on. Why do ambulances cost upwards of $900 just to pick up? Well, it's easier for an illegal to call 911 and get taken directly to the hospital for a common cold then it is for them to wait hours and hours in line like everyone else. And guess what? They don't have to pay a cent. BS..

15. kaisernaut

kaisernaut DB Forum Supporter

Nazifornia!!!!

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

that's simply because we have so many cocksuckers, and let me clarify who a cocksucker is - if one man sucks another man's cock, he is a cocksucker...they all voted NO ON 8, the state allows their marriages, and now want normal oriented people to pay additional taxes to fund homosexuality...in other words, they wanna turn California into Sodom and Homorra...I could go on...

17. Kilo6_one

to touch on the ambulance thing, My daughter went in a 15 mile ride to a children hospital after having a febrile seizure, $1200.00. My medical savings plan (pre tax savings plan) covered it, it is still out of pocket while illegal aliens get a free ride, free medical care and a free taxi ride home. How is that fair? How is it justified that as tax payers we pay (this is in California, not US) 15 BILLION dollars annually to illegal immigrant entitlement programs. What is sickening is Tax revenues fell in the state, but they still REFUSE to cut these programs because the ULTRA Liberals CORE base If you want to be re elected in California you are anti gun, anti business, pro taxes, pro illegal immigration and pro union.

You have Sanctuary cities LIKE LA, San Francisco that basically thumb their nose at FEDERAL law and ACTUALLY impede ICE investigations and deportations on VIOLENT KNOWN drug cartel and human trafficking suspects. (I know this because my neighbor is an ICE agent.)

California is a DUMP. the politician pander to unions, PRO illegal immigration lobby groups and various other ULTRA liberal organizations that think the tax payers are an open bank account to fund the status quo if entitlement programs for the poor, un educated, lazy criminal and just plain too stupid to exist group of voting base. California will tax anything that moves EVEN if it is not in the US tax code. It truly is disgusting.

Someone told me something that is 100% true, there are more people leaving California,and just leaving their homes because it is such a dump here that UHAUL cannot keep trucks in stock because they are one way trips OUT of California.

18. Bunky

Bunky DB Forum Supporter

It all that is true, why not leave yourself? I am not sure about the emigrating comment since California still attracts people it would seem.

In NC, we are legally required to pay NC sales taxes on out of state purchases.

19. Kilo6_one

Amazon. Com and overstock.com cut ties do dozens of small businesses in the state yesterday in responce to the tax law that was passed. Which was predictible.

20. Kilo6_one

California is a divided state. You have the coastal areas that are very liberal and the inteior of the state which is very conservative.so there is. Alot of political infighting. California has I think the 6th largest economy in the world. I need to clarify one thing. Its the tax and spend ne tality I have issue with and what they spend the money on, the vilolation of law by our state government to maintain the status quo and not address the true issues in our state is the problem. Living here and reading about what goes on here is apples and oranges.