AMAZING transformation Back from the dead

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Domman56, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Domman56

Domman56 Birth of a Detailer

We bought this car (1985Mercedes 380SE) a few years ago for my mom, it had been sitting in the back dirt lot of a family friends Mercedes shop for over two years and had never been washed the whole time.

And the Amazing thing about this detail was there was no machine work it was all done by hand, My dad helped me with it
    our old camera really sucked so u can't tell as much

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After wash (Camera makes it look a whole lot glossier than it really was, still had tons of scratches and paint imperfections)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

After it was detailed...Right before we sold it :(
    Had the bumpers painted
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    $4500 out the door Miss that car :(
    [​IMG]

2. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

Looks good, let us know what products/process was used, we're interested :)

Btw those seat covers are nastyyy :giggle:

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Looks nice!

4. michakaveli

michakaveli Welcome to Detailing

Great pix. Reminds me of an '85 300SD we had, Cali Emissions in the same color combo. Gorgeous car! :thumb:

5. Domman56

Don't remember what we used on the initial wash that was years ago but on the detail it was

PAINT:
    Meguiar's paint cleaner
    Meguiar's cleaner wax
    3M polishing compound
    Klasse All in One as the final touh

INTERIOR:
    I have no clue on the interior cause my mom did that herself

Wheels and Tires
    3 coats of Meguiar's cleaner wax on the wheels
    2 coats of Meguiars hot shine on the tires

UNDERBODY:
    Purple Power degreaser and a rough brush and toothbrush

and as for the rags and stuff i don't remember the exact rags i used other than my little mermaid rag to take off the Klasse haha:afro:

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you've never driven on REAL sheepskin seatcovers, you're missing out. They are the bomb! Not in Porsche mind you but man are they nice.

7. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

Good old Meg's.
    Nice job man.

8. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

If you haven't already I'd check out Optibond Tire Gel, I love that stuff - kind of pricey but well worth it, I find it gets nearly twice the durability of Meg's Hot Shine. Hot Shine has a great initial look but I find it wears away pretty quickly.

9. Domman56

Yeah thanks i'll keep that in mind, actually my favorite i've used up to this point was the meg's Hyper Dressing, you can blend it in different bottles at different concentrations and use it on almost all the rubber and plastic on the car it's pretty bomb

10. lbls1

lbls1 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Nice looking detail. Its great that you can accomplish a nice result with otc available products. Good looking body panels on the merc as well.

11. Domman56

Haha i know my dad has real sheepskin covers in his Mercedes 420SEL they were a grand for the set but damn those things are crazy comfortable

12. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Did you also changed the rims when you sold it? ... the rims on the after pictures are from the late 80s models.

13. Domman56

Yeah the original rims and tires were shot so we got some nice 15's with some michellin hydroedges which are amazing tires and Looked a whole lot better

14. greased

greased Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Id love one of these in mint condition...parked right along side a '69 Fastback Mustang.

15. :loud: > I have a 1987 420 SEL 1 owner, 118,042 original miles, never wrecked, always garaged, all factory service records I will sell you for 5k :headbang: