Amazing Tire Dressing?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by willjco, Dec 23, 2009.

1. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

****After pictures are on page 3****

So I got some rubber dub in the mail the other day. The first impressions were that it is just another ordinary tire dressing but to the contrariety it is a high quality product. It is designed to be long lasting and have a natural or shine finish. I prefer not to use it if you are looking for that crazy shine but if you want the natural look it is just the ticket. I think this is the only tire dressing I am going to use on my cars because of its natural finish and durability.

Process:
    I first hit the tires with a little warm water to get the large particles off
    Then used a little apc to get the rest of the mud and grim off
    Then the tires were thoroughly rinsed and dried
    Final the Rubber Dub was applies (really easy to put on)

So now to the pictures

My tires were trashed
    [​IMG]

Scrubbed the tires with water and apc
    [​IMG]

Rinsed and dried the tire
    [​IMG]

Dry tire
    [​IMG]

Applying the Rubber Dub
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Finished tire
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more after shots of the other tires
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some beading shot (don't know if others dressing bead like this but its nice)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking. I am going to put up more pictures of the tries after going through a snow storm and a few weeks of abuse.

Rubber Dub is a great product i would recommend it to anyone.
    If you are looking to pick some up here is the link.

spautopia.co.uk

2. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Nuba

How did you get this in the states? I was told it could not be shipped here because it is flammable.

3. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

so would you say its tire selant? did you try tuf shine? if yes, how is this compared to it

4. richy

richy Guest

Will..interesting product. It does leave a natural look and has nice beading. Thanks for sharing. Oh, and BTW..cool colour choice too..

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

more like a tire wax...looks nice though...

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Very cool. I believe Dave at the Detail Shoppe has it.

7. spK

spK DB Forum Supporter

Looks like shoe polish

8. willjco

It was found to to be flammable so it can be shipped anywhere

It is a tire sealant/wax. I have not personal used tuf shine but i think is a big difference in the two products from what i read.

It does leave a natural look and it last a really long time. The tires went through a snow storm and they look the same as in the pictures after a little wash. I had to change up the color every once in a while or you just get bored.

Great way to put it. It is a really good tire wax.

I looked at Detail Shoppe but couldnt find it but i may be wrong.

It looks the same and has the consistency of shoe polish. But is really different when used and it has wax in it and not much die unlike shoe polish

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I got this stuff too. Its nice :D

10. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Not really a fan of that look. I like something beyond the look of the tire.

11. willjco

The natural look doesn't do it for everyone. Rubber Dub can be shined because of the wax in it. All you have to do is let is set 4 hours and add water and buff it with a soft brush. It works good on some tires but not on mine.

12. rom

rom Virgin Detailer

Looks like you enjoyed it :headbang:

13. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

14. rom

rom Virgin Detailer

I dont understand?

15. willjco

What do you not understand?

16. willjco

17. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I'll have to give Dave a call about this one and see what he has planned. Dave is a great guy to deal with.

18. Twisted007

Twisted007 Banned

It's not to bad but their window treatment aquaXpel works great an the an the wheel cleaner restore also works great an back for good is awsome plastic restorer works for all colors the rest of the stuff they sell not to sure have not tried yet.

19. willjco

I might just try it out

20. DJBAILEY

DJBAILEY Birth of a Detailer

A colored tire wax! Probably only a little bit of wax in it. It would have to be very flexible to put on your tires.

Watch Zymol and Swissvax will come out with a $200 version of it.