Am I the only one?

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by RTexasF, Apr 11, 2008.

1. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Are there any other Cyclo users here aside from myself? I realize the Flex is the newest star on the horizon but the Cyclo ain't no slouch!

2. Red 00 S2000

Red 00 S2000 Virgin Detailer

I like mine. I've had it for a couple of years. It's a throwback to the day when things were built to last and were repairable, rather than throwaway. It's nice to own a quality product; with the right pads and polish, it ain't no slouch, either.

3. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

I use a Cyclo every once in a while. Right now I have a PC, Cyclo, and Hitachi. If I need minor paint correction I take the Cyclo out.

I also put the brush attachments on the Cyclo and use that quite a bit for cleaning carpets.

4. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

I know Nica did have a Cyclo. I'm not sure he still uses it. It always looked to bulky to me.

5. Nica

Nica Banned

:nod: still have the Cyclo, it works well. But I agree with Gary it's a bit bulky for my taste. It can get the job done but it takes longer then the rotary...thing is once I step up to the rotary the rest of the machines just can't compete with the rotary.

I agree the Cyclo is well built, can take a beating and keep on going but it's slow...but that's just my opinion.

6. RTexasF

I agree that it does have some drawbacks but they all do in one way or another. I have zero rotary experience so I can't compare the two. Providing the Flex holds up without problems I'll likely go that direction... small learning curve compared to a rotary and less chance of a catastrophic goof.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

That's very true RTexasF with a rotary you wont get a second chance.

Bu to be honest a guy like you and with the experiance you have, you wont have any problems with the rotary. The rotary for you should be a walk in the park :thumb:

8. RTexasF

Well thanks, that was a nice thing to say.

9. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

i still love my cyclo...

it has its place though and that would be very curvy vehicles for the last step of polishing.
    they are such a joy to use.

10. Dom

Dom Two Bucket System Washer

I haven't got one... got a CP 8210 rotary... but I have used one and do love it... my favourite DA machine. :)

11. The Doctor

The Doctor Virgin Detailer

I'm over in the Uk & I have a Cyclo.

Very well built machine that feels that it will last forever.

Still need a PC on 3" & 4" pads for tight areas though as the Cyclo it fairly large.

12. zspectrum

zspectrum Jedi Nuba

Its not a very common machine. Too me it doesnt seem like it would work too well. But evidently it works very well.

13. DetailnDude

DetailnDude Birth of a Detailer

I love my Cyclo I also have a high speed and an orbital. The Cyclo, if used with aggresive pads and agressive compound might surprise you on what it can really do. But it does require more time.. You would pretty much have to fall asleep holding it to cause a major problem.
    Have a Great One !
    Bob :headbang:

14. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

No offense, but with so many different polishers/rotaries I'd stick with something more powerful, that would give safisfying results faster. Cyclo is like a PC 7424, kinda slow when it comes to correction results...
    My next machine is gonna be Makita Rotary... I have Flex DA already, and see absolutely no point of going back to PC.

15. PJS

PJS Birth of a Detailer

Another sad excuse for a detailer with only a Cyclo to his name!
    Bah.....who'm I kidding, I love it!
    Like a lot of things detailing, everyone finds something they're comfortable with, and works for them - or make it work, by changing technique, etc.
    Quite why the Cyclo seems to be looked down upon I don't know - but as the expression goes, "to each their own."
    Have yet to find the Cyclo's "bulk" a problem, and have found a single pad, with the other hanging in free air, perfectly usable on smaller areas like door mirrors.
    Then again, I've always had it with the Edge designed Quick Connect system, and recently upgraded to the new counterweights for the pads. Rarely use the brush pair I have, so no idea how effective they are, or will be with a different set of weights than are matched specifically for.

Do fancy a go with the Flex 3401 though, and equally the Milwaukee APQ12 rotary.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

You know, I wished I would have gone with the golden Cyclo..it would look so cool hanging on the wall of my garage :thumb: