Am I Mentally Challenged w/Zymol?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by PTJD, Mar 4, 2008.

1. PTJD

PTJD Any Rag Vehicle Washer

OK, I have Concours and Titanium. Now is it just me or anyone else have a slight problem trying to put the lid back on? Oh I can do it, but never on the first try, if lucky my second or third! :doh:

2. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

You said Mentally Challenged I thought you was talking about me....LOL...:drinking2:

3. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

lol i had to laugh. but nah as I dont own any full size zymol

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

They are all like that super cheap lids, not like SV, much easier to close

5. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

So they are like the Poorboys lids.

6. PTJD

Don't have Poorboys but these can be a PITA after a long day of polishing!

7. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Looks like you need to call phil and get some Swissvax, their lids work properly.

8. PTJD

Yeah, been into keeping our cars pristine for all of 6 months now, my wife would kill me if I ordered any more wax, with the stuff I accumulated I should start a detailing business on the side!!!
    Oh, Calgary with your appetite for wax hope you are not married!!:applause2:

9. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I will have to find a wife that loves wax as much as I do... if not im going to be single for a long itme,,

and yeah the zymol tubs suck.. the lids are hell to get on, if you look at the jar the wrong way it breaks... its unforuntate because the product inside is so good....

so.. how do you like titanium and concours?

10. Nica

Nica Banned

hahahahaaaaa..welcome to Zymol hahahahahaha.

I don't know they tubs may be cheep and all but I like them, well I like the concaved lid they got...other then that yes I agree the tubs are really high maintenance if you drop it that's it they are done :shakehead:

11. PTJD

Love the Concours, easy on and off, looks great. Only tried the Titanium on a small area on the wifes car. As soon as the weather cooperates thinking of putting a base of Titanium on and finishing with Concours.

12. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

haha well...you could always keep it under wraps. You can polish desks, washers and dryers, deep freezers. .... not that I would know that off hand for any good reason.....:whistle:

13. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I would adive against it. One great thing about zymol is the way the wax transforms the paint, each of the zymol waxes has its own optical range. Its hard to explain but im sure you understand since you have used concours... its almost like a glow.

When mixing waxes you loose this optical range, the two combine to have no so nice effects. although the car will be very shiney it wont have that look that you are paying for....

14. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

It was hard at first but I got the hang of it :eek:

15. PTJD

You make a good point, I thought I would get the durability of Titanium for the winter months and the glow of Concours.

16. richy

richy Guest

What an awesome title for the thread when you wanna go "Yup" even before you read it or know what the hell it's talking about!!

17. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Sounds like the DP Max Wax containers.

18. Nica

Nica Banned

hahaha yea that's what I was thinking too hahahahaha :lol2: