Alternative to exterior trim brush

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by GloomyX, Mar 16, 2011.

1. GloomyX

GloomyX Birth of a Detailer

I've owned two horsehair brush to use for washing and getting into small gaps and around emblems. Both of them are completely destoryed after about a year of use. I know they are not that expensive, but is there any alternative product that I can look into as a backup product?

Eg extra soft tooth brush?

2. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I have used the Swisswax brushes for years and have now been converted to the Raceglaze brushes. I bought a whole kit of them from Ken at Autowerkes (Canada) really reasonably priced.I LOVE THEM! I do still use a variety of tooth brushes and natural hair paint brushes that were on sale here and there. Nothing to rave about.LOL

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

The Raceglaze brush kit are great. Great for interior as they are some small brushes for vents and hard to reach areas. The larger brushes are good for wheel lugs, window edges, gas lid, trunk lids, engine and etc.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

i like my swissvax brushes..........I also like the detailing brushes from PAC, a little big of a handle for a comfortable use, but they are great as well.

5. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

I would say both the RaceGlaze or Swissvax brushes, both hold up well and are great. RG just came out with a larger version ~2" diameter, great for the bigger stuff!

6. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

How about the Adam's brush? I heard it's more durable than the SV brushes which tend to break easily.

7. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

SV Wheel Brush, Adam's Lug Nut Brush, RG Wheel Brush. Any three are awesome, cannot go wrong with any of them.

8. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

My local car paint supply shop has blond hair brushes that I have used now for two years and have been very happy with them, I think it was a little over 7 dollars with tax.