Airbag? Seat Removal?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by Jedidiah, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

So how many people are pulling the seats for interior detailing?

How are you dealing with the airbag plugs? As in not setting them off.

i saw some pictures from Deep Gloss Auto Salon of a car with seats removed and it got me thinking so i thought i would ask.

( i can't search for 3 letter words so dont flame for not searching for AIR or BAG)

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

We aren't a bunch of flamers here, no need to worry.

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Bwahahaha, I just reread what I wrote. It couldn't have come out any better :lol:

4. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

i dont think you need to remove seats. unless somebody spilled coffee in center consol cup holder and you need to get there.

if you do need to remove seats with airbag then you need to make sure you have codes for radio/gps or whatever and unplug batter for like 5 minutes(it said 2 minutes in manual but just in case). had to remove steering wheel airbag and it was fine with just disconnecting battery. but id try not to remove it, if you do, check user manual or search online in forums for that make and model to see what ppl did.

5. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I've removed a few seats now... never anything that had air bag plugs now.... good thing to keep in mind!

6. Jedidiah

Jedidiah Guest

I've removed my own seats but just wondering about the "norm"...

So far the trick i have seen the most is unplug the Negative and press the brakes to pull out any charge left in the system.

Thanks

7. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

When in doubt I refer to dealer and or service manual...

8. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Certain vehicles have to be reprogrammed from the dealer to recalibrate occupancy sensors. Also there is quite a bit of inherited liability for removing and installing seat belt assemblies.