Air DA sander

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by IanB, Oct 21, 2008.

1. IanB

IanB Two Bucket System Washer

Not positive if this is one of those 'great buys' but it flows only 4 CFM and it is cheap, not sure if someone is looking for a DA air sander (like the Mirka system) and would find this of good use, but thought I would post anyway.

Amazon.com: Ingersoll Rand 311A Heavy Duty Air Dual Action Quiet Sander -6-Inch Pad: Home Improvement

58.76 bucks shipped isn't so bad I think?

Some of Amazon's listed specs: Air Consumption (CFM): 4, CFM at Load: 17, Speed (RPM): 10,000, Pad Diameter (in.): 6, Random Orbital: No, Variable Speed: Yes, Side Handle: No, Vacuum Ready: No, Air Inlet Size (in.): 1/4, Min. Hose Size (in.): 3/8, Case Included: No

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

Thanks anyway, IanB. Allset for now. I did like that sander though. My tool box is full of IR's

3. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Since they don't list what the "throw" is, I am guessing it's 3/8. You want something with a 3/32" throw, if not you increase the chance of getting pigtails.

4. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

Not that pig tails are not a bad thing, but the removal of a pigtail caused by 1500 or 3000 is
    very easy with a rotary.

5. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

IMO the depth of the pigtails and hardness of the clear will dictate how much polishing you need to remove them.