AGHD Wax gassing out

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by hippiesrock03, Jul 29, 2012.

Tags:
  1. hippiesrock03

hippiesrock03 Virgin Detailer

Hey guys. So about a month ago I purchased a pot of AGHD and I've used it twice now. I've been letting the wax sit the recommended 10-15 mins and then buffing it off with a MF towel.

BOTH times, the next day after I drive the car (Its my DD) after I park it, I notice some wax/solvents left on the car.

Both times, I've checked the car before finishing it. No wax left, I remove the wax, and then spray a QD over it. Wipe and then flip and wipe with a dry side. No streaks, absolutely spotless. Its like once I take it out in the sun, it gases out and leaves wax marks over my hood and roof. Any idea?

2. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Does this keep happening over and over regardless of how many times you wipe it or is it a one shot thing where after you wipe it the next day, it stays good?

Seems like it's just sweating to me.

3. sikedsyko

sikedsyko DB Forum Supporter

With AG HD, I apply it with an applicator that has been dipped in hot water. It makes the wax go on much thinner and easier, leaving less room for these left over residues.

4. umi000

umi000 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Sounds like carnauba sweating to me. An hour after your initial wipe, try doing a second wipe, using some chilled water or QD.

Francis

5. hippiesrock03

hippiesrock03 Virgin Detailer

Yes, sounds about right. It's very annoying, I've never had this problem with any other wax, even OTC ones like Megs Ultimate.
    I'll try the hot water technique next time, the wax is a little difficult to spread thinly.
    Thanks everyone!

6. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Sweating is a common occurrence in high carnauba wax containing LSPs.
    Just wash it again, and buff it dry.

7. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

Definitely the AGHD, had this same issue on my brothers black VW. Take some chilled distilled water and give it a wipedown, might have to do it a couple times but it should help clear up the issue.

8. JoeyZ

JoeyZ Obsessive Detailer

Yes...this used to happen to me all the time with SV Blau Weiss. I quit using. Drove me nuts and there are better/equally good products available that will alleviate said issue.