after headlight polishing question

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by lonewolf525, Sep 30, 2009.

1. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

ok guys i have been doing some reading and still not happy with putting wax on headlights. i have read that some sealant is good but what do you guys use. another person suggested some clear coat but afraid to over spray other parts of the vehicle. i have also seen the kits that some online merchants offer but it comes with a cleaner and a sealant but you need to get the whole kit. since i am looking to polish the headlamps with me rotary then what else could i use as a sealant? thanks in advance.

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I use Duragloss 105. Looks awesome, and is durable too.

In fact, on all details I do, I seal the headlights, tail lights, and wheels with 105 all at the same time. it only takes a minute, and really amps up the finished product.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

You can use almost any sealant. One problem is when you polish headlights you remove a bit of UV protective coating, which will still enable the headlights to yellow and oxidize. This is what the right way is to polish and then seal the lights with a clear coat or paint protection film. I would go the route of paint protection film applied to the light as not only will it keep the lens clear and looking new as no hazing will occur due to oxidation but also because it will prevent from pitting.

4. lonewolf525

lonewolf525 Jedi Nuba

agpatel where can i find this protectioin film and what is the name? Or are you referring to clear coat? thanks