Aerosol Dressings

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Supertuner, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

I have been looking for a good aerosol dressing to help me dress intricate areas like the windshield cowel and front grill, I know about adams in and out which is pricey, also CG fade2black, stoners trim shine. Are there any others you guys know about, I like the point that the adams wipes right off glass and paint if over spray occurs, I don't know about the others. If you have any experience with these or other ones please chime in. Also is durability similar to other dressings with the aerosol.

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

I think the fact that the Adams product comes off of glass so easy would make that a no brainer. I have no experience with it, but if I were to buy a product like that, I think I would go with the Adams.

3. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

I use CG Fade2Black and it wipes off easy of glass and paint. Its cheapish too!

4. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Get either Adam's or CG. I have had bad results with the Stoner's line of products.

5. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

I too like CG Fade to Black. Very easy to use. M3ride what bad results did you have? I have used Tarminator,Invisible Glass,Trim Shine(half the price of Fade to Black) and Xenit all with very good results. I will admit however the only one of the lineup I still currently use is the Tarminator purchased in the 5 gal container.I will never have to buy a can again in my lifetime.LOL

6. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Ive never had a bad result with a stoners product, the trim shine is a great product as long as you spray it on the applicator first LOL.

7. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Does Trim Shine not wipe off of paint and glass as easy, so it leaves a residue

8. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

It's prob my personal preference. But I have not had great experience/results with the line. And I have found many other products that produce better results and have a much simpler ease of use. It's all about finding what works best for you. And for me it's not Stoner's.

9. TurboJoe

TurboJoe DB Forum Supporter

My "go to" aerosol is CG fade2black. Very user friendly, spray on and let sit for a few minutes, then come back with a little spray detailer/microfiber and wipe the overspray off. Coverage always seems consistant, not blotchy, and even through washes it leaves a nice satin coating. I've even used it on tires before, and it turned out quite nice.

I've also used Trim shine, works well, but tends to get blotchy.
    Also have used Meguiars aerosol trim detailer (dont like it at all, doesnt last and is just hard to use), and all of the other Meguiars aerosol tire shines (just use em for tires, they arent meant for trim).

With any aerosol coating I find it helps to spray, let it set for a few minutes, then go back and wipe it off. If you wipe it right away it'll still be greasy and wet.

10. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Duragloss has one (forgot the number) that is really nice and affordable.

11. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

how often do you guys find yourselves using F2B, or any of these dressings, is it worth having, or should i use and app and qtip which can be tedious

12. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

I would say get CG F2B. It's much easier to spray it on instead of having to go in there and dab with a q tip or foam stick. Will really help save you time and frustration with some of those intricate grill designs.

13. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Does a bottle last for a while, lets say I have to dress the cowel, grill, handles and skirt/side trim on typical car or suv, does it take a lot of product, I'm not to keen for a super shiny look so I think a bottle will provide for a few vehicles.

14. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

are you talking about DG 265 ultimate detail spray?

15. M3ride.

M3ride. Wax on..Wax off

Yup it'll last a good while.

16. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

I've dressed my engine/grill/mirrors/fog light area of my GLK like twice and it still has plenty left. Just gotta be smart about it, 1 good spray across = good enough :)

17. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Yes sir!

18. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Did you like it? as far as application and looks

19. Supertuner

Supertuner Jedi Nuba

Wow, sounds like it does last a good while

20. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

I used it to improve the looks of the plastic cladding used on Explorers. I looks nice, but IMO it tends to overspray a little bit more than other aerosol dressings. I barely use aerosol sprayers because of that same reason.