Add any other Menzerna polishes?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by bigaudiofanatic, Apr 23, 2013.

1. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I currently have in my supplies Menzerna 4000, 2000, and glaze. Should I have anything else or a different model of their polishes for any easier results?

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

easier results? for what?

I think everyone will agree FG400 is a must, but there are SO many polishes as their are waxes, but it comes down to preference and what kind of paint you are working on

3. bigaudiofanatic

bigaudiofanatic Any Rag Vehicle Washer

As I detail many different kinds of cars I just want to make sure I have all the polishes I need. I first went to menzerna for german ceramic clear coat. However I quickly became a lover of their products. I use 4000 for normal polishing with a orange pad. I planed on adding fg400 to my next order!

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I love Menz, I have been pretty faithfull to them for about 6 years now. Never had the urge to try anything else. FG400 is awesome on hard clear, I used it on both my VWs, but its also great on softer clear like Honda/ acura paint. I just used the Opt or chemical guys pads on the softer paint, and the Megs pads on the harder paint. I also used the old PF, thats pretty much the only polishes I own, it does pretty much anything

5. ModdedMach

ModdedMach Birth of a Detailer

FG400 is an amazing product. But if you ever end up working on very hard paint with deeper defects youll wanna use a MF cutting pad and on the deeper stuff you may need to compound it a second time. Ive run into this with my DA, but if FG400 doesnt have quite enough cut, i usually step it up to my rotary.

I have Menzerna FG400, PF2500, Sf4000 and SF4500. Im a HUGE menzerna fan, they are my go to, especially for medium and final polishes.

I think what you are missing OP, is a compound. FG400 is Awesome, cuts deep and finishes like a medium polish. So if you wanna go menzerna id say FG400.

6. toddcc1

toddcc1 Virgin Detailer

I use the Menzerna products as well. I had been using the compounds/polishes, then applying the 1Z einszett Glanz Wax, then a carnauba. I recently swapped out the 1Z for the Menzerna PL sealant during my Spring detail. I almost want to say it added a little more depth to the gloss, vs. the 1Z. I would highly recommend it.

7. Tweaked

Tweaked Two Bucket System Washer

+1 To FG400 and PF... just change up the pads and it's pretty amazing the range you get from these two alone.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I love my Menzerna polishes. No need for anything else. I have SIP, 203S, 106FF and 85RD. Combine them with the Uber pads (yellow, green and blue) and you're golden. Would still love to try the FG400 at some point.

9. ModdedMach

I have everything you have except SIP, but TBH, with FG400 im not sure its needed. FG400 finishes well enough to go straight to SF4000, even SF4500. I was thinking about ordering some M101 to have for super deep defects, but i may just order more FG400 since i have a rotary polisher for the deep stuff.

I have also used FG400 with a PFW pad via rotary, then followed with my Griots DA with a blue uber pad and SF4000 for awesome results on black. FG400 has some grunt behind it when its on wool to pull out some deep stuff, but it still finishes insanely well, buffing marks are very mild and easily corrected with a final polish.

10. JBlack151

JBlack151 Birth of a Detailer

I have the FG400 and SF4000. These two products with my microfiber cutting and finishing pads and the Rupes handles everything for me.

11. ModdedMach

Ive never personally used a finishing MF pad, only cutting, but from what ive read, on some softer finicky paints, foam may be needed.

Id love to try out a Rupes. If they were 100 bucks cheaper id have one, but dang son....$$$ lol