Adams VRT or Chemical Guys V.R.P.

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by supercharged, Dec 11, 2007.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Has anyone used both? I'm thinking of getting as vinyl/rubber dressing under the hood. I don't want too much shine, want it to leave a matte/light shine look and condition the surface. What should I get???

TIA.

2. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I wonder how they compare! VRP is nice on tires, but sucks on trim and ext. plastic. Looking forward to hearing some feedback on this. Hoping they are the same!

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I know Phil uses Adams products and Phil and others are CG gurus here...look forward to some good feed back here :thumb:

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

They are not the same thing?

5. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

excat same thing...... cg makes all adams products

6. D&D Auto Detailing

May I ask how you know this for sure? This will be good if this is the case because now I can get that from Phil too.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

What say it aint so Dust :shakehead: :shakehead: :shakehead: haahahahahaha :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Interesting...so if they are the exact same thing...which is better :thinking: or perhaps the way to ask it...which is prefered?

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

If they are the same thing, I'd rather stick with CG, since it's $10 cheaper...

9. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i have inside info.... also if you look on cg webside under VRT, it also says VRP

10. D&D Auto Detailing

I see. I hear people say it all the time. But Im wondering if they just read it, or they actually know for sure. Sounds like its for sure though.

11. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Buy 1 from Adams and1 from CG. And try both ;)

12. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:iddi: Im staying out of this one

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

:hippie:

14. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

I have a bottle of the Adams VRT, and I'm not totally happy with it. I'm applying on tires with the foam applicator.

It really seems to take 2 applications to get the look I'm going for. The first always seems to dry out. Secondly, I'm not real impressed with the longevity of it. Seems to go away pretty quickly.

I will say it doesn't seem to pick up dust, and during the short term, the tires look nice.

I'm partial right now to "Shine and Protect" from D-Tail. It goes on a little greasy, but I let it soak in and then wipe off the excess with a dry terry cloth. It finishes with a nice rich matte finish. The look last's a long time.

<shrug> FWIW. :)

15. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

VRT should look matte.

Just curious are you using an all purpose like P21S autowash to clean up your tires and prep them correctly before you put any tire dressing on it, VRT doesn't have cleaners in it, its just a dressing so if you are dressing your tires before cleaning them then you are dressing dirty tires.

16. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

i use a dulited APC to clean my tires before application of z16

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I'm using amazing roll off on my tires before I dress...works well :). I have used neither product. I am regularly using Optimum Tire Shine...nice matte gloss.

18. PhantomGoat

PhantomGoat Guest

Chemical guys... Is also Jorgens, Adams, Poorboys etc etc

19. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Phantomgoat, this has been stated many times on about every forum out there.....I'm curious does it really matter where its made, provided it does what it suppose to or exceeds your expectations.

My thoughts on this is why everyone is so hung up over the business aspect of it, let the resellers/dealers deal with it. People should be having fun and using products if they delivery what they state.

If price is what you are concern about why buy $50 plus waxes...if you are concern about saving $1 per bottle on tire dressing?

20. PhantomGoat

PhantomGoat Guest

woah buddy you need to calm down some. I was just stating a fact not chastizing anyone. I don't think anyone would bicker over a couple dollars, hell, I even make/sell a $225 white carnauba wax myself. I'm just merely stating the other brands are off shoots.

The only real people who would take any real offense are the companies who make their own products in house, and not even take offense, just a sense of pride thats all.