Adam's Super VRT Product Review

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by m54daboll, Apr 11, 2016.

1. m54daboll

m54daboll New Member

Adam's Super VRT Review

Hello everyone, this is my first review on DB. I have lots of products that Phil sells and tons that he does not and I will try to review them all. Anyway, during the school year I attend college in Boston, so I have to detail my car at the Coin Wash (using proper methods, of course). Therefore, I am no in a garage and don't have the best camera to take pictures. In the summer when I am back home, I will have space in the garage for better reviews.

From the Manufacturer:
    How do you make the industries best trim and tire dressing even better? You eliminate its only weakness by making it water repellent! This amazing new product will amaze you each time you use it.
    That's right!! We've taken our extremely popular Vinyl, Rubber, and Tire dressing and eliminated the only complaint any of our customers ever had about it. Now instead of Adam's VRT Tire Trim Dressing washing away with the rain or coming off each time you clean your car the NEW Adam's Super VRT Tire & Trim Dressing actually BEADS AND REPELS WATER!!
    Advances in polymer technology allowed us to keep the same amazing water based, low gloss, formula and make it water proof. The special additive allows the product to stand up to multiple washings, hundreds of miles of rain driving, and it even reduces surface tensions so much that water will literally roll right off of your trim and tires.
    Price:
    16oz: $24.95 ; Gallon: $99.99
    Prep:
    The vehicle is my personal 1991 Cadillac Deville. The tires for this vehicle were prepped by cleaning and scrubbing with Rocket Wax Degreaser diluted 1:1. I did two applications of the degreaser to ensure that all of the old tire dressing and road grime was stripped off. Here is a picture of the tire cleaned before the Adam's Super VRT was applied:
    [​IMG]
    Application:
    I applied the tire dressing using the Adam's Hex Grip Tire Dressing Applicator sponge. While this dressing is a lotion, it is a thin lotion and is easy to pour from the bottle. I applied a small amount onto the applicator and worked it into the tire--only a little bit is needed to cover the whole tire, even these old and dry tires. Now these tire applicators are expensive, but IMO they are the best in the game. They are very durable and are easy to hold without getting greasy dressing on your hand.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Result:
    Instantly after applying, the result is high gloss. It looks very shiny and wet, as seen here:
    [​IMG]
    However, as the product dries, it goes to a dark, rich look rather than glossy. Personally, I love this. I hate the crazy shiny tire dressings and I prefer water-based dressings that give more of a sheen than a huge shine. This product dries to the perfect sheen where the tires look conditioned and dressed, but not shiny.
    [​IMG]
    Review:
    Pros:
    Smell, ease of use, sheen, small amount needed to dress tire
    Cons:
    Price
    Overall, this is one of my favorite tire dressings. My other favorite is Shine Supply Decked Out, simply because it is dilutable to your desire and is much more cost effective. I love this tire dressing and it is a pleasure to use with it's cherry scent, but it is on the pricey side. Since I am a professional detailer (in the summer at least), I prefer SS Decked Out for the value. As an enthusiast on my personal cars, Adam's Super VRT is my favorite. The durability is also very good. It rained all last week and the tires don't have a sheen to them anymore, but still look conditioned and not dry by any means. Overall I love this product and it works very well. It is one of the only dressings I have used that ACTUALLY dries to the touch and doesn't feel greasy. You can run you hand on your tires right after dressing and there is no greasy feel. This also allows me to use it on the whitewall strip on my tires because the applicator doesn't get caked with greasy black mess that usually covers the whitewalls.
    [​IMG]
    Note: This car is clearly not polished. I am living in a college dorm and would love to correct it with my Rupes 21mm, but that is not possible with the dorm situation. This car is hammered with swirls and scratches from car wash tunnels, so I will need to figure out a way to polish it. Thanks for reading!

rwisejr likes this.
  2. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

nice review as this one of my favorite products from Adams.

m54daboll likes this.
  3. Sizzle Chest

Sizzle Chest New Member

Thanks for posting! Good review and I agree. Adam's SVRT is one of my go to tire dressings...

m54daboll likes this.
  4. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

great review on a solid product, we use Super VRT in 90% of our jobs.

m54daboll likes this.
  5. briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Is this a water-based dressing?

6. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

7. briarpatch

briarpatch New Member

Looks a lot like Chemical guys VRP

8. okay65829

okay65829 Active Member

A lot of water based dressing look the same. Doesn't mean they are the same or have the same properties.