Adam's Quick Sealant longevity

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by black-n-silver, Jan 30, 2012.

1. black-n-silver

black-n-silver Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I wanted to share my experiences with Adam's Quick Sealant. I applied Adam's QS to my son's Civic on 09/17.

Here are some pictures from 11/25:

NOT treated
    [​IMG]

Treated (2 months)
    [​IMG]

I took another picture today (01/29) over 4 months after the initial application
    [​IMG]

The QS has deteriorated over the 4 months, the beading is not a 'tight' as it was in the early days, but is still protecting. This car lives outside all the time, and rarely gets washed - I think I washed it in late December for the first time since the QS was applied. Not too bad for 4 minutes of application time!

2. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

that's not bad. thanks for sharing.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Quite impressive actually. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

how big of a can does it come in?

5. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Good to know, I just got a can from Adams on a product exchange can't wait to try it.

6. black-n-silver

10 oz. aerosol can that will do 10-15 full size vehicle applications.

It works great on wheels, since it is so easy to apply.

7. SRT8Spartan

SRT8Spartan DB Forum Supporter

+1 on wheels, works great and lasts, even through the Michigan winter up here.

8. rfinkle2

rfinkle2 DB Forum Supporter

I have this as well (what don't I have)... I cannot comment on durability because I have about 10 different types of sealants / wax on each of my panels, but it is easy to apply without any streakiness on black.

That alone gets a thumbs up from me.

9. Kilo6_one

Looks like I will have to check this out........

10. Meticulous-Detail

Meticulous-Detail DB Forum Supporter

Used my Adams QS yesterday on 2 cars.

Pros:
    Application and removal was very easy and no streaks.
    Took about 5 mins to do each vehicle.

Cons:
    Didn't notice any increase shine or slickness

Durability TBD

11. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Good stuff!

12. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I bought a can of this a couple of weeks ago and had a chance to use it this past weekend and I am very impressed with the product. Don't expect it to give you the shine of a lifetime but it makes up for that in the ease of use and it's overall application. It took me max 10 minutes to do my Jeep. This is definitely a product that is great for application after every 1-2 washes. Also sprayed it on the wheels since most liquid sealants can sometimes be a pain to get in between small areas. I ended up driving to Pittsburgh and back this weekend and the wheels definitely haven't accumulated as much break dust, as normal with any protection on them. Tested out the beading too and I was really impressed with the protection it appears to provide, like others though, the longetivity is still up in the air but it seems like it may do a decent time.

13. black-n-silver

Checked on how the Quick Sealant was holding up 6 months after application:

[​IMG]

I think is has reached it limit, but I am happy that it lasted this long my son's DD!

14. Kilo6_one

I know you can spray it over trim and plastics, how did that perform on those parts?

15. WashingJosh

WashingJosh Jedi Nuba

I just the video on Adam's website again. Might have to give this a try.

16. black-n-silver

Not great. I tested it on the plastic cowling on my truck, and it made it look a little darker, but no better or longer lasting than a good trim dressing.

17. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Glad to hear QS is impressing overall... this was my baby for many months so I take a lot of pride in hearing I got it right... think it went thru about 6 or 7 versions total before it landed as what it is. Its definitely outlasted what the initial plan was (3-4 month average) so that right there has me happy.

18. LukeF

LukeF Any Rag Vehicle Washer

How does it compare to Optiseal?

19. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

I've used Adam's QS for a while now on my cars. Only this winter did I start gathering stuff to begin my hand at detailing. So QS was my go-to for a while. Holds up great, especially on my camaro that stays at home. Lasts perfectly a good 4 months on my Daily Driver civic. great stuff =)

20. Adam's Polishes

Adam's Polishes DB Certified Manufacturer

Durability has shown to be better overall with our QS, though thats not to take anything away from OS... thats a great product, and for ease of application I don't think we can compare. Ours is easy, but the fact that there is often times no post application wipe down with OS makes it very unique. Ours self levels a good amount, but on darker colors I recommend a post application wipe down just to level any areas that may have gone on thicker than others.